PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge

{2399}Reaper
07-06-2007, 08:08 AM
I am getting married Saturday, July 7th, 2007.... We plan on taking a whirlwind trip throughout the US. Starting in Louisville, Ky, going through The Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower, Glacier National, Yellowstone, Cheyenne, Wy, Fort Collins, Trail Ridge Road, Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, and if time permits, Albuqurque, NM and then back through the top of Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and home. If time doesnt permit, we will go from Colorado Springs, and through Kansas City to home.

That is all, lol

hoser
07-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Make sure she reads the map ;)

Good luck man, I hope that next year at this time you'll be posting up pics like the rest of us proud papas :)

Skillz
07-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Make sure she reads the map ;)

Good luck man, I hope that next year at this time you'll be posting up pics like the rest of us proud papas :)

...and doesn't drive!

beanie
07-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Sean,

I think you're pushing your luck! You manage to convince someone to marry you. You should count your blessings and quit while you're ahead...

But no! you're going to hold her hostage in a car for 14 hours a day (with you)?

Annulment anyone?

Tempus
07-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Congrats man! Have a safe trip and post us up a bunch of pix when you get back. :D

{2399}Reaper
07-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Sean,

I think you're pushing your luck! You manage to convince someone to marry you. You should count your blessings and quit while you're ahead...

But no! you're going to hold her hostage in a car for 14 hours a day (with you)?

Annulment anyone?

I chose to lock mine up in a car, you chose to lock yours in a basement... whats the difference? ;)

andyofne
07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I chose to lock mine up in a car, you chose to lock yours in a basement... whats the difference? ;)

Well, they rarely die from heat exposure in a basement.

*XxDADxX*
07-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Reaper Congratts:)

D_A_M_A_G_E
07-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Congrats Sean, and many happy years to come. Punch ryan when you see him for me. :D

JoeVengence
07-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Have fun Saturday!

Last time I was at a wedding, I was in the wedding party and we were all drunk before we got to the church.:)

Anyway congrats dude.

*XxDADxX*
07-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Have fun Saturday!

Last time I was at a wedding, I was in the wedding party and we were all drunk before we got to the church.

Anyway congrats dude.

HEHE I can relate to getting buzzed before someones wedding LOL:D

{2399}Straycat
07-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Congrats Sean and have a wonderful time. Life's short, this I know first hand.

Dawg
07-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Congrats Reap and good luck with the new onstar system most men call wives. Here's one you'll here a few times:

YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST!!!

Just breaking it in.

Sorry I was late seeing this-just got in from the beach.

beanie
07-07-2007, 03:23 PM
top 10 things sean is likely to hear on his wedding night:

10. I really said yes?

9. Could you turn the light off?

8. XXXXL tighty whities?

7. Sorry! i didn't mean to laugh!

6. What's that smell?

5. Have you ever considered a pedicure?

4. You looked better in the Tux

3. I can't breathe!!!

2. are you sure it's in?

1. ...well, that was... interesting!

Skillz
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM

10. I really said yes?

8. XXXXL tighty whities?

6. What's that smell?

3. I can't breathe!!!

2. are you sure it's in?

Forgot one.

Just stop. Your doing it wrong.

{2399}Straycat
07-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Forgot one.

Just stop. Your doing it wrong.
And you would know, how? :eek:

hoser
07-07-2007, 10:26 PM

10. I really said yes?

8. XXXXL tighty whities?

6. What's that smell?

3. I can't breathe!!!

2. are you sure it's in?

HAhahahaha perfect LOL !

Skillz
07-08-2007, 01:01 AM
And you would know, how? :eek:

He told me you used to tell him that all the time.

Killa
07-08-2007, 06:06 AM
congratz and gl with the road trip.

{2399}Reaper
07-08-2007, 09:54 AM
LOL beanie, thanks for copying me the things your wife said to you, and to skillz for what you hear from your boyfriend....

We stayed the night in St. Louis last night.

One of the coolest things that happened for us is that {2399}Kilkenny, his wife, and their daughter (Jeff, Nicole, and Kiriana) came from near Cedar Rapids, IA to our wedding. The wedding was near Elizabethtown, KY. That is atleast 550 miles 1 way for them. It is just amazing that a simple video game like UT99 can bring people together like that.

When we take some real pictures, I will post a link to them.

andyofne
07-08-2007, 12:28 PM
LOL beanie, thanks for copying me the things your wife said to you, and to skillz for what you hear from your boyfriend....

We stayed the night in St. Louis last night.

One of the coolest things that happened for us is that {2399}Kilkenny, his wife, and their daughter (Jeff, Nicole, and Kiriana) came from near Cedar Rapids, IA to our wedding. The wedding was near Elizabethtown, KY. That is atleast 550 miles 1 way for them. It is just amazing that a simple video game like UT99 can bring people together like that.

When we take some real pictures, I will post a link to them.

I probably would have come if I had received my invitation. Even though I'm diabetic and spend my life on the verge of death, I would have driven the 800mi one way just to hold your hand.

I'm glad you had a good time without me though.

BTW, my dad just moved back to Michigan last week so it looks like my trips with resume.

Belz
07-08-2007, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE={2399}Reaper;

When we take some real pictures, I will post a link to them.[/QUOTE]
you can sand false pics its ok we are used to get crappy pic :P

andyofne
07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I got a call earlier today from a weird number I didn't recognize.

It was Sean telling me he was swinging through my area.

I drove over to Iowa (all the way over there, ya) and met up with the Reaper's at a Conoco station near I29/I80.

http://www.utgmc.com/images/map.jpg

Sean has really taken on the family man image giving up his he-man truck for a soccer mom mobile... yeah, that's right... a mini-van. At least as mini-vans go he got a good one.

http://www.utgmc.com/images/seanride.jpg

It was a lot of fun watching Sean try to figure out where to put the roll of film in his digital camera.

http://www.utgmc.com/images/seancamera.jpg

Finally, The Reapers (wouldn't let me even buy them a soda) and I sat in the gas station chatting for a bit before they drove off towards the infamous Corn Palace (Mitchel, SD) and Wall Drug (some shit hole, SD).

http://www.utgmc.com/images/thereapers.jpg

That's my Diet Coke.

P.S.

Here's one of Reaper and Skag. Notice the vehicles in the background.

http://www.utgmc.com/images/skagnreaper.jpg

{2399}Reaper
07-09-2007, 01:28 AM
thanks for meeting with us andy... and not glad your dad moved away again, but am glad you will have a reason to come to our lan again...

and yes... the minivan on steroids was not my pick, but it does handle very nice for those of you that might need this type of vehicle... but dont want to think you are really just driving a van...

forgot to mention earlier as part of the wedding...

2399h2o was one of my groomsmen
Thank you Ryan

hoser
07-09-2007, 07:49 AM

He's heading over towards Boy's town? How sweet!

It was fun to meet up with Sean for chow when he was in NJ, nice that you guys got to meet up and hang out!

andyofne
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM

He's heading over towards Boy's town? How sweet!

It was fun to meet up with Sean for chow when he was in NJ, nice that you guys got to meet up and hang out!

His wife seemed awfully nice. I don't know how he did it.

beanie
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
nice camera, too bad you didn't know the lens wasn't included!

Belz
07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
woowoo new pics in my collection !!!!!!!!

Cong!!!
Yes she seem nice .

Tempus
07-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Seeing folks get together has always been one of my favorite things on this site. It's cool to see that it's still going on.

{2399}Reaper
07-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Seeing folks get together has always been one of my favorite things on this site. It's cool to see that it's still going on.

Your next B.... we are at Mount Rushmore right now...

Tempus
07-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Your next B.... we are at Mount Rushmore right now...

I'm gettin the hell out of Dodge right now then! :D

Skillz
07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Aww, how cute.

beanie
07-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm gettin the hell out of Dodge right now then! :D

you sold the Yugo?!?

blindfish
07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Congratz Sean...it's too bad you and your bride aren't headin up the east coast at all. I woulda liked to have met ya.

Rockin on MV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0)

{2399}Reaper
07-13-2007, 10:14 PM
We are currently spending the night in Cheyenne, WY. Will get pics when we get back.

andyofne
07-13-2007, 11:03 PM
We are currently spending the night in Cheyenne, WY. Will get pics when we get back.

Finally figured out how to put film in the digital?

{2399}Straycat
07-14-2007, 03:39 AM
He told me you used to tell him that all the time.Ahhhh, to freakin bad you cant replay, tisk, tisk, tisk....:p