PDA

View Full Version : I-35 Bridge Collapse

andyofne
08-01-2007, 09:10 PM
i called Brandon (Tempus) and he says none of his family was involved.

JUST FYI.

hoser
08-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Glad B and Co. are all good..

I hope not too many people got hurt at all.

{2399}Reaper
08-01-2007, 09:28 PM
anyone heard from straycat?

*XxDADxX*
08-01-2007, 09:43 PM
My brother and sister are ok

Tempus
08-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Whew! I have a brother-in-law, a niece and a nephew that are all at the U of M and all are accounted for. My cousin Jay (who we'll call Jay ;) ) took hwy 100 home instead of 35 tonight or he may have ended up in that mess. So far 7 dead, 6 critical and 60 injured. Highways are shut down for many miles around the area and the Twins won't be playing tomorrow, as much they say, out of respect as for the fact that 35 is the main artery to the Metro Dome for folks coming in from the north. They're not talking much about the 20 road workers that were on the bridge when it went down. Keep them in your prayers.

It's a surreal situation around here.

Cowboy
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
anyone heard from straycat?No but I sure hope he's ok.

*Xx~Vlad~xX*
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Now I know why I always hold my breath over large spans like this. I was very glad to see the students on that school bus get out w/ little injury. I hope most everyone got the hell out of there! They say there are a lot of cars on the bottom and 30 or so people un accounted for. :( I certainly hope no one from this community suffered through that either!

hoser
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.break.com/index/security-tape-of-mississippi-collapse.html

Ghanzafar
08-02-2007, 03:15 PM
All I have to say is that alot of bridges across America needs to be replaced and rebuilt. Variable life expectancy - Concrete pavements can be designed to last from 10 to 50 years. Rigid for life - Concrete actually hardens over time. After its first month in place, concrete continues to slowly gain 10 percent in strength during its life. Outlasts flexible materials - With an average life span of 30 years, concrete makes the best long-term pavement solutions. Majority of our bridges are over 30 years old. It is a shame that our state and federal government can't fork out the dough for bridges but bet your sweet ass all the bridges around the DC metropolitan area are getting rebuilt. Maryland is not so bad they get federal money for highway and bridge construction due to the fact Maryland keeps the highway speed limit 55 in city and surban areas and 65 on out of surban areas.

{2399}Reaper
08-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Still have not heard from Straycat. He lives in that area too.

*XxDADxX*
08-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I beleave Straycat lives near St Cloud. A good distance from the bridge Yep sure hope no one from this community was affected

{2399}Straycat
08-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Im here, and thanks all. I live about 12N of MPLS. My daughter and her boyfriend were on that bridge just minutes before it happened.

Cowboy
08-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Well your accounted for.Thats good to know.If your apart of this comm,If anything happens bad near you,try and post a.s.a.p. ;) .Although we might not always get along or agree,I believe we have an unconditional love here. :)

Tempus
08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Straycat, I'm glad that you and yours are ok. It turns out that one of the fatalities, Sherry Engebretsen was the mother of two former students at the studio where my daughters dance and my sisters-in law work-volunteer so she was known by many there including my sister-in-law. I hope that's my only "6 degrees of separation" story from this. Scratch that, I hope it's my only story.

{2399}Straycat
08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Ahhhh c'mon guys, this isn't Heaven so we all dont get along but when something like this happens, isn't weird how we all pull together? My web here was messed up so I couldn't post right away. THIS is why I like it here. We love to hate eachother but I think it's mostly all in fun, or, it should be. Alot of us have been here and GMC for quite awhile and Im proud to say, even for the ones who dont really care for me, your all my friends......:)