PDA

View Full Version : Just checking in...

Lotharr
09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey all -

I hope everyone's doing well. Things here are about the same as always. I still work for Ma Bell (which sucks more and more every day thanks to our new $BC masters), but it's a job. The family is doing well - everyone's happy and healthy.

Here is pretty much the only interesting stuff that has happened since I posted last:

Our house was hit by lightning in June, which blew apart our chimney and fried a ton of electronics - including a brand new (1 week old) PC I had just purchased for the kids. Fortunately nobody was hurt, in spite of the fact that both kids were in their room probably 10' from where the lightning hit. (pictures (http://www.scottherbst.com/?page_id=41&album=3&gallery=9)).
I attempted to climb Mt. Washington in NH, but the weather prevented us from reaching the summit. I did see a moose very close up, which was cool. (pictures (http://www.scottherbst.com/?page_id=41&album=1&gallery=6))
We finished our basement (well - almost... we still need to install a floor).

The rest of the Summer was pretty much run-of-the-mill stuff... some camping, biking, rafting, and of course a ton of work.

I'm looking forward to UT3 coming out. I haven't been able to really "get into" any games since UT99. I have high hopes for this one.

:)

Tidy
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Yo Loth! Good to see ya still kicking it! How's the Mind'sI? I noticed a guy I went to school with is listed as a friend in the bands Myspace! I giggled a little thinking what a small world.

I need to get up that way again, this post has inspired me to start thinking about maybe hitting up 7springs. I haven't been up to Allegheny since my aunt's wedding last year.

Lotharr
09-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Yo Loth! Good to see ya still kicking it! How's the Mind'sI? I noticed a guy I went to school with is listed as a friend in the bands Myspace! I giggled a little thinking what a small world.

I need to get up that way again, this post has inspired me to start thinking about maybe hitting up 7springs. I haven't been up to Allegheny since my aunt's wedding last year.

Mind's I is sort of on hiatus. We all got sick of being a half-assed cover band (thanks to playing gigs like 7 Springs), and we wanted to get back to writing our own stuff again. We'll see how it goes over the next few months.

My brother is building a cabin up at 7 Springs, (He sold his condo up there almost 2 years ago now). I decided that I'll have to buy new skis since I'll have a place to stay all the time again. Hopefully I can get a key for the place... mua ha ha ha ha ha! :D

Definitely give me a shout if you head up this way!

*XxDADxX*
09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey Loth how you been man? Hows things up there in the Pitt? Hey they been talking some shit about you here brotha.;)

Lotharr
09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
:eek:

:D

*XxDADxX*
09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
:D Just messing with ya bro

Lotharr
09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh - I know. ;)