PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Delayed

andyofne
09-30-2007, 06:19 AM
I've got a poster hanging on my door that says UT3 is coming in November; however, I've got an unofficial confirmation that it will not be out before February 2008 (hence the change from UT 2007 to UT 3).

I've got no specific information just the anticipated ship date.

Lotharr
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
The site (unrealtournament3.com) still says November. :confused:

andyofne
10-01-2007, 08:33 PM
The site (unrealtournament3.com) still says November. :confused:

Well, they seem to update that about as often as it snows in Omaha in September.

Lotharr
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I was actually wondering why there was not going to be an Xbox 360 version of the game. Didn't Microsoft want competition with Halo 3?

not that it really mattered... I was going to get the PC version anyhow... but it didn't make sense that "The studio that brought you Gears of War" would not bring UT3 to the same console.

[DT]AZ~Dreamer
10-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I remember playing UT99 on my kids playstation. I thought that it sucked playing on that console for UT anyway. Using that damn joystick and arrows to move around wasn't the same at all. Never played Xbox 360 but I imagine it still wouldn't be the same either.

andyofne
10-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I guess it was like trying to play HALO on the PC.

andyofne
10-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Game updates and console certification processes the main problem, explains Mark Rein
Words: Stuart Bishop, CVG UK
digg del.icio.us e-mail
To:
Comments:

cancel

Message Sent!
close
Sending...
close

Sept 26, 2007

Epic has finally decided not to support cross-platform online play between PC and PS3 on launch - although it may appear as a future addition.

Mark Rein has explained that the biggest challenge in doing cross-platform play is synchronizing the builds such that the build on the PC is 100-percent compatible with the build on the PS3.

"Unfortunately (or fortunately) when you [develop] games on console you have a lengthy certification process to go through each time you release anything new," Rein said in an IRC chat, reports Shacknews.

"We looked at how this would impact our ability to respond quickly to things happening at internet speed on the PC side of the equation and realized that this would not be in the best interests of our very loyal PC userbase because we would constantly be holding on to updates to wait until they passed cert on the console platform."
Rein went on to say that cross-platform may be introduced down the line, but that the likelihood of that happening is still small.

hoser
10-02-2007, 08:04 PM
F the console players hahahahahahahaha

andyofne
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Okay.

The word is now back to November 13th for the PC Version.

My "source" actually provided me with that "PS3" delayed ship date.

Lotharr
10-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Okay.

The word is now back to November 13th for the PC Version.

My "source" actually provided me with that "PS3" delayed ship date.

F the PS3 players! :)

DoctoR_DeatH
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM
What about a demo ?

Lotharr
10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
We could start one of those "Give us teh demo" threads on the offivial UT forums (if one doesn't already exist). :)