PDA

View Full Version : The new UTGMC?

Tidy
10-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Well I know Skag /the Gerbil or someone still has it and it's kinda active but I was thinking is is going to ever really return?

I dl'd the demo and was trying it out.. Runs good on this box but I remember how much I hated reg ut99 maps... I loved the GMC for the expansive areas and open mosh pit battling areas.. Seeing Candy pic people off mid air like clay pigeons.. Know with that statement it divides me in that the GMC was a community that was great but the other perspective looking back from today is that is was the most successful unorganized mod there's ever been... it was like the open source linux of mods. Files where dl'd as needed and that was part of why it was great.

Now I only released one map so I am not going to act like I had any influence but this group is the original gang or whats left... With the upcoming release I wonder if we could actually bring the GMC back to life if we formed a development team and released an organized starter kit so to speak?

I am sure we could muster a few peeps to put together a release map pack and maybe change the graphics of the GUI... I mean BF was attacked way different than UT but DC is the only thing I think had the same factors that the GMC had...or at least for me it satisfied the same needs of entertainment so to speak.

thoughts?

D_A_M_A_G_E
10-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Hopefully I miss the giant maps :)

andyofne
10-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Can't even say the game is going to be worth buying at this point.

Tonight is the first time I could get through a full match with 5 bots without locking up my computer.

Turns out I was having heat problems because there was a lot of dust built up inside the cooling assembly on my video card. I used a can of air to clean it out a couple weeks ago but apparently it was much more compacted into the heat sink fins below the metal cover on the assembly.

I had to remove six screws to take the 'cover' off the card and then I needed a tooth brush to loosen the dust. It was really hard to get off the card.

My temps prior to cleaning the heat sink were pushing 120c.

It was getting really bad tonight with BF2 shutting down on me.

After cleaning out the dust the temps are back down to about 72c after 10 minutes of BF2 / UT3.

Oh, about the UTGMC? Who knows what will happen.

Ghanzafar
10-20-2007, 11:59 AM
The new UTGMC If it is like any thing like the old towards the end it is doomed from the start.

andyofne
10-20-2007, 12:23 PM
The new UTGMC If it is like any thing like the old towards the end it is doomed from the start.

Well, now that's just the note of optimism I was hoping for!

hoser
10-20-2007, 03:57 PM

Why did you come back?

freddy
10-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Who tha Hell is that anyways?.... I only made 1 map also, but I'm willing to make another...And Who cares if it only keeps us around for another 8 yrs:D , I'll still be gettin headshots!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VBaCEHJrU

D_A_M_A_G_E
10-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I`m getting Ut3 and hopefully I`ll find some giant maps and great people to play with again that is my dream lol :D

*XxDADxX*
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
So this game is going to be open code for creating new maps like the old UTs? I will have to build a new box because the DEMO runs just ok on mine.

blindfish
12-05-2007, 04:44 PM
I'd be a willing "clay pigeon" if there were GMC style maps... :D

common
06-13-2008, 03:49 PM
a well organized team can pump out maps insanely fast !!

i always liked having 5 - 15 maps on the go at one time, cutting a few then jammin the rest out to the community! i still see many of the maps being played WOW !

Lotharr
06-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Who tha Hell is that anyways?.... I only made 1 map also, but I'm willing to make another...And Who cares if it only keeps us around for another 8 yrs:D , I'll still be gettin headshots!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VBaCEHJrU

LMAO...

"BOOM! HEADSHOT! BOOM! HEADSHOT! BOOM!"

That dude needs to ease up on the caffeine. :D