PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Giant Maps... soon?

Lotharr
01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
So... when are the Giant Maps going to start showing up for UT3? :)

Tempus
01-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm hoping some one makes some soon. I'm not bright enough to make them myself or I'd already be on it!

Lotharr
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm hoping some one makes some soon. I'm not bright enough to make them myself or I'd already be on it!

Same here. I really wish that editor that comes with UT didn't have such a steep learning curve. :(

andyofne
01-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Obviously: it gets more difficult with each release.

Lotharr
01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Obviously: it gets more difficult with each release.

I'm sure it does - but I tried learning the editor with 2004 - I bought the edition that had all the tutorials with it... and I just lost patience with it. I think it's been complicated all along.

Suqui
04-10-2008, 05:40 PM
I found that learning the basics was easiest with the ut99 editor. even with its glitches. there used to be a few good tutorial sites for it, not sure anymore, been offline for a couple years. Glad to see some names i recognize. I miss those late nite frag sessions with some of you. :)

andyofne
04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah, times sure does fly.

I don't even OWN the latest version of UT.

hoser
04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
I never tried the demo.

Lotharr
04-11-2008, 06:26 AM
I have the game, but it's installed on my kids' PC (this one won't even run it unless you have the graphics turned WAY down).

Honestly - and I've said this before - I hardly ever play games anymore. No time. :(

In fact, when I did a clean install on this PC about a month ago, I decided that I was not going to reinstall UT99. If I install it at all, I'll put it on the kids' PC... but this one has to be solely for work.

Suqui
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
I havent bought any new parts for mine since before i was last online. I dont think my 1.33 athlon could handle the new stuff. Plus i had to go with a cellphone internet conn. Better than nothing and 10x faster than dialup. downside is no online gaming. scared to even look at my ping, the lag would be really bad. lol :)

*XxDADxX*
04-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I found that learning the basics was easiest with the ut99 editor. even with its glitches. there used to be a few good tutorial sites for it, not sure anymore, been offline for a couple years. Glad to see some names i recognize. I miss those late nite frag sessions with some of you. :)

Hey Botha Long time. If your still up to fragging, there is a UT99 severs still running and running good.:)

Suqui
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I just tried to play on the server with the best ping. Not good, got a 389 ping on this conn.:mad: Not planning on moving, so it may be awhile before my online gaming will be much fun. Nice seeing players moving around instead of bots. lol been a long time. Has anyone here played with the new editor? did they increase its curve alot from ut04? I like playing with it. I have a few maps i did for ut99 and ut04. only my clan really saw them tho. Would kinda like to get back into the mapmaking, even if I cant play online much. I had more difficulty with Maya than with the editor. Static meshes were kinda tricky.:)

RED (Mike)
05-26-2008, 09:07 PM
if someone does make giant maps, i hope they look like the giant maps in ut99, i.e. a whole lot simpler.

i've played ut3 a few times, and the more i play it, the more i don't like it.

maps have cool layouts and i like the tweaked gametypes, but the graphics are FAR too busy for my tastes.

the comp i play on is fully able to render everything, but the textures and details are WAY too busy, and hence distracting to gameplay imo.

tone down the colors and textures by about half and i'd love to join in.

[DT]AZ~Dreamer
06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I have some old UT99 maps on our UT2k4 server but its not the same because no one plays that style much in 2k4. Next time I get online I'm playing the OG since it seems to be more popular still than any other version.

I think I'll make the second server UT99 instead of UT3 or 2k4 for now and see how that goes.

Lotharr
06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
if someone does make giant maps, i hope they look like the giant maps in ut99, i.e. a whole lot simpler.

I thought when 2004 came out there were a bunch of 99 maps that were "ported" over... can the same thing be done in UT3?

common
06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
anyone playing anymore ? i have some spare time now !! not that iknow what im doing wahahaha

Cowboy
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Here Is the link. http://www.talkaboutdesign.com/articles/unreal_tournament_3_bathroom_map_for_ps3/

Have to get someone to make some of these for the pc.
Would be nice to play In maps like these with the old gang. :)

Lotharr
06-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Here Is the link. http://www.talkaboutdesign.com/articles/unreal_tournament_3_bathroom_map_for_ps3/

Have to get someone to make some of these for the pc.
Would be nice to play In maps like these with the old gang. :)

I think this is the link for PC: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Bathroom+III+Beta+2a/;9364168;/fileinfo.html

Skillz
08-12-2008, 05:48 PM
One day I will fire up the new editor and follow along with the video tutorials that I have.

Things aren't so much as "harder", as the basic layout is still the same. It's just learning the new features is what would be considered difficult, plus where things are located.