PDA

View Full Version : IronMonkey

IronMonkey
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi all,

I haven't played UT at all since 2001, but I just randomly landed on the "History of the Giant Maps Clans" and decided to drop in. I used to LIVE on the Dogs of War server back in the day. I spent a lot of time playing at Skagalak's Death Kamp as well. For the record, the guy with the copyright symbol as a name (or whatever it was) was hands down the best UT player I ever encountered. RedArmyVodka is another name that comes to mind.

Even 8 years later, I still have dreams every so often in which I'm running around in that giant bathroom map. No joke.

Take it easy,

IronMonkey

Dawg
04-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Glad you dropped in. Hope you decide to run in here and visit more often.

I played as [RAT]Dawg or Faded[RAT] or sometimes Buttermilk.

hoser
04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Skagalak? I remember him I think.

{2399}Straycat
04-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Skagalak? I remember him I think.yeah, me too......:p

beanie
04-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Skagalak? I remember him I think.

doesn't ring a bell.

i guess only the good players stood out.

:)

andyofne
04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi all,

I haven't played UT at all since 2001, but I just randomly landed on the "History of the Giant Maps Clans" and decided to drop in. I used to LIVE on the Dogs of War server back in the day. I spent a lot of time playing at Skagalak's Death Kamp as well. For the record, the guy with the copyright symbol as a name (or whatever it was) was hands down the best UT player I ever encountered. RedArmyVodka is another name that comes to mind.

Even 8 years later, I still have dreams every so often in which I'm running around in that giant bathroom map. No joke.

Take it easy,

IronMonkey

Skagalak here.

The guy who played with the symbol was more commonly known as "Marmaduke" from the LASA clan.

He works down the road from me though we used to work at the same company back in the UT days.

Every so often I'll be poking around in my "My Documents" folder and I'll find some relic of a document related to those days: a list of player names & IP addresses, a ban list, a list of servers, etc. It's always entertaining for a few minutes.

But I can't play that game at all. I've reinstalled it because some folks around here never came out of the dark ages of online gaming and still play a game that is quickly approaching it's 10th anniversary.

Dear sweet Jebus, I am getting old.