PDA

View Full Version : Aliph Jawbone

Lotharr
05-21-2008, 11:55 AM
So I finally decided to buy one of these Jawbone bluetooth head sets because I loathe my Motorola H3.

eCost was running an offer to buy the Jawbone for like $63... which is a really good price, so I ordered it.

Well, the first one came and it appeared to have been already worn (eww... gross...), so I called them and asked to return it.

They told me the only way they would issue a R.A. is if I made ANOTHER purchase. Now, this sounded like a total load of shit to me, but I really wanted one of these headsets, so I ordered another, and they sent me the R.A. sticker for the first one.

When I finally got the new one, I was really excited. I paired it with my LG enV and made a test call to one of my kids... and he could not hear me.

I have tried EVERYTHING... dropping the headset from my phone and re-pairing, resetting the head set, trying different ear loops to get a better fit... no luck.

I tried pairing the head set with my wife's (newer) enV and it seemed to work a little better, but my son did say that he thought I sounded like I was cutting in and out.

I swear I have the worst luck with electronics. I am going to take the head set to my parents' house and try pairing it with my Dad's phone... but I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with this P.O.S.

Does anyone else have one of these Jawbone headsets? Does it work for you?

andyofne
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I ain't.

And from what I understand, only "tools" use bluetooth headsets! :)

Lotharr
05-21-2008, 09:05 PM
D'OH!

:D

{2399}Reaper
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
So I finally decided to buy one of these Jawbone bluetooth head sets because I loathe my Motorola H3.

eCost was running an offer to buy the Jawbone for like $63... which is a really good price, so I ordered it.

Well, the first one came and it appeared to have been already worn (eww... gross...), so I called them and asked to return it.

They told me the only way they would issue a R.A. is if I made ANOTHER purchase. Now, this sounded like a total load of shit to me, but I really wanted one of these headsets, so I ordered another, and they sent me the R.A. sticker for the first one.

When I finally got the new one, I was really excited. I paired it with my LG enV and made a test call to one of my kids... and he could not hear me.

I have tried EVERYTHING... dropping the headset from my phone and re-pairing, resetting the head set, trying different ear loops to get a better fit... no luck.

I tried pairing the head set with my wife's (newer) enV and it seemed to work a little better, but my son did say that he thought I sounded like I was cutting in and out.

I swear I have the worst luck with electronics. I am going to take the head set to my parents' house and try pairing it with my Dad's phone... but I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with this P.O.S.

Does anyone else have one of these Jawbone headsets? Does it work for you?

I typically have VERY bad luck with motorola headsets. The one I have that I am really happy with is the Plantronics 650. I have a work cell phone, personal cell phone, and my work desk phone is a softphone on my pc. I have this headset paired to all 3. No matter which one rings, it rings in the headset and I don't have to press anything other than the answer button on the headset for it to autoswitch to the correct phone.

The ONLY issue I have is when I am outside in the wind, people say I am harder to hear, but I am sure I could get a better wind buffer for it.

I can also have the headset atleast 30 feet from the phone, and I have gone 60 feet and I am still able to carry on a conversation.

Oh, and I have bad hearing when it comes to phones, and this is the first headset, I do not have to have turned up all the way.

{2399}Reaper
05-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I ain't.

And from what I understand, only "tools" use bluetooth headsets! :)

Figured you would be standing in line for one, that and an iphone....

Lotharr
05-23-2008, 03:06 PM
The one I have that I am really happy with is the Plantronics 650.

I had a Plantronics 655 that was plugged in when the house was hit by lightening last year, and that was pretty much the end of that headset. I agree - that was a great headset, and in retrospect I should have bought another one. I'm a little pissed about this Aliph one still.

hoser
05-26-2008, 09:54 PM
My buddy who is a diehard plantronics fan paid 99 bucks for the Jawbone when they first came out. Kept it a week then returned it, POS.. he said.

Lotharr
05-27-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm starting to not trust CNET's reviews. The way they talked about the Jawbone, one would think it's the best thing since sliced bread. They also gave a glowing review to the Cardo S2 stereo bluetooth headset, which I bought a while ago and found to be utterly useless to make calls.

Lotharr
06-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Update for those who really care: I am returning the 2nd Jawbone to eCost. It's a terrible P.O.S. and I would not recommend this head set to my worst enemy.