PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent

lindy
08-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Well since losing my husband I found out that my daughter will receive survivors benefits. I'm supposed to receive mothers benefits, I found out that I make too much. I'm only allowed to make $13K, anything over that they take $1 for every $2 over the $13K.

What the hell kinda bullshit is that? A single mom and widow doesn't deserve benefits because shes willing to go out and work? Yet, women (and I use that very loosely) that are popping out kids left and right get everything handed to them. They use foodstamps to go buy steak and lobster, while my kids and I are eating ground beef. Something is sooooooo wrong with this.

It's just so frustrating!!!!!! Thanks for allowing me to rant :rolleyes:

Belz
08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
That is sad

but in the other side you can start UT99 and kick butt??? :D
I'm pretty sure you will get MMmmmmonsssster kill!!!!!

Cowboy
08-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I know things can seem like they cant get anyworse,Hang In there Sweetie,with alittle patience and Faith you will be ok.
You were a very tough UT player so I'm sure you ll fight It out and be ok In the real world. Godbless you and good luck. :)

P.S Hey Belz,speakin of monster kills I got one today. Was playing CTF,suprised me I was just shooting and hitting everything like I had aimbot or something lol,or was It BeanyBot. :p

andyofne
08-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Well since losing my husband I found out that my daughter will receive survivors benefits. I'm supposed to receive mothers benefits, I found out that I make too much. I'm only allowed to make $13K, anything over that they take $1 for every $2 over the $13K.

What the hell kinda bullshit is that? A single mom and widow doesn't deserve benefits because shes willing to go out and work? Yet, women (and I use that very loosely) that are popping out kids left and right get everything handed to them. They use foodstamps to go buy steak and lobster, while my kids and I are eating ground beef. Something is sooooooo wrong with this.

I make a lot more than $13K a year but me and my kids are eating a lot of low end ground beef.

Sorry for your troubles.

Skillz
08-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Just quit your job Lindy. Solve that problem. Then go find a job that pays cash.

Tempus
08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Sadly, even life insurance companies are only out there to make money. They sure don't want to pay any out. I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with the fine print on top of everything else.

*XxDADxX*
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM

Ms. Lindy

Once again I really feel for your loss and hand you my handkerchief:( . It really sucks that someone in real need gets less than someone who does not deserve as much help. I wish the folks in this country would use some common sense and elect folks that would pass laws that take care of folks with real needs. Lindy you are in my prayers for a good outcome and I wish you the best:)