PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Former Clan members

{2399}Straycat
01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Im back to mapping again since ut's kinda slow these days, I was wondering if any of you had some old clan logos in BMP format 256 or 512 squared. Reason being is because Id like to make a map and dedicate it to GMC and all the clans that were involved. I have some of the logos from older maps but I dont have them all.

This is my latest creation.
http://astraycat.com/images/sobfin.JPG
As you can see, I do have some logos.

Im not into making room maps, it seems the arena maps were the biggest hits ( and ALOT easier to make ) so most on the 6 maps Ive made are simular.

I would like the RAT, SDK, IFC and even ( please kill me ) the VSK logos. Did CoC have a logo? hell, I was in it and dont know if one was ever used. Anywho, and logos that wern't listed are most welcome. Tom, Andy, can you guys help me out? I know you have some saved somewhere, hmmmmmmmm? lol

if anyone's intrested, I'll post screenys of the map in progress. The one above looks like a Plain Jane but it has a few twists. :D

blindfish
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm sure Hoser (Tom) or Resist (Jeff) have a CBGB logo kickin around...:D

BF <"><

Tempus
01-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm looking, but I'm having trouble finding the ones we actually used. :o

{2399}Straycat
01-27-2009, 02:27 PM
No rush guys, the map will take awhile and logos can be added anytime. It's just the more I can get the better it'll be.......

I could strip them out of the maps I have but screw that, it'll take WAY to long........

[DT]AZ~Dreamer
01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
If you don't have any DT logos on their already then I can send you some. Would love to have our logo in their. :cool:

BTW, I would be interested in seeing some screenies on how its going. Maybe I'll learn something. My next step is to learn to make some UT and UT2k4 maps for DT since that is one area we have always lacked in so the more info the better as far as I'm concerned. ;)

{2399}Straycat
01-27-2009, 04:50 PM
straycat_07@yahoo.com

If they aint already, BMP format 256 pixles square. 512 works too.

Mapping's not hard, just takes alot of time & patients. The editor isn't all that stable and likes to crash alot. You learn to save your progress alot. I have a basic how-to-map if your interested. It tells you enough to get you going, Unreal Wiki can help with most questions.

Nysa
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I'd be interested in that, please. I started to get into mapping in my {NYB} days but couldn't get a grasp of it back then - I was too busy with college and all that stuff.

Your map looks like it'd be pretty fun.

Good Games last night, btw. ;)

{2399}Straycat
01-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I hit the jackpot last night. I installed and opened an old WOC arena map ( looks like it was originally Thunderdome before it was retextured ) and got alot of logos from the ole days. Im missing Dt's logo and {NYB}, maybe Nysa could help me out with that logo. Email me the logo(s) you can get your hands on, Dreamer. Now format and size doesn't matter ( no cracks there plz ) I got ahold of real nice proggy that'll resize and convert. Shit, I need the ( slap me ) VSK logo if someone comes across one.

Nysa, that map that is shown here is installed on the [SOB] server we were playin on last night. A few of my older maps are there as well. GGs last night, was fun even though my ping took a dump.

Fishy, lemme know what you come across, I do have 1 CBGB logo but I thought they had a few to chose from, I could be wrong though.

Thanks all for you help on this.

andyofne
01-29-2009, 12:10 AM
There are some photos / logos in the media gallery on the old UTGMC.com site.

{2399}Straycat
01-29-2009, 12:29 AM
Thats the same site you gave us access to right, Andy? If so, I'll have to look a little deeper.

Also, does anyone remember how to decompress a UZ file? Candy? Anyone?

I knew the dos commands years ago but Ive forgotten how.......

gettin old sux:(

andyofne
01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Thats the same site you gave us access to right, Andy? If so, I'll have to look a little deeper.

Also, does anyone remember how to decompress a UZ file? Candy? Anyone?

I knew the dos commands years ago but Ive forgotten how.......

gettin old sux:(

Yeah, it's ucc decompress filename.ext

You may have to be in the C:/Unrealtournament/system directory (where ever the ucc.exe file exists OR using the pathname before the command, as in: C:\unrealtournament\System\ucc.exe compress C:\pathtofile\filename.ext

I wrote a Visual Basic GUI tool that had a compress / decompress ability for both classic UT 99 files and for UT2003/2004 files.

It was a little buggy but a damn site easier than commandlining it every time.

{2399}Straycat
01-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I have your program, Andy. But it wants to rewrite a systems32 file and that sorta scares me.......

Thanks for the reminder on the dos command.:)

Any luck on that logo, Nysa?

hoser
01-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Some logos here.
http://cbgbclan.com/links.htm

CBGB Clan archives
http://www.cbgbforum.com/archive/archive.html

{2399}Straycat
01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Tom, ur the cats meow. Thanks alot Rodent Man!

Dawg
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Cool, I had looked for the Rat page a couple days ago and asked my brother to hook up with Wilbur for the logo. Glad you had it.

Nysa
01-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Yes actually... Am waiting to hear back from a friend currently.

{2399}Straycat
01-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Cool, I had looked for the Rat page a couple days ago and asked my brother to hook up with Wilbur for the logo. Glad you had it.Thanks brother Dawg.

{2399}Straycat
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Progress so far...

http://astraycat.com/images/gmcmap.JPG

I kinda went overboard on the size, I have 8 hours into the lighting and a few more hours to go.

{2399}Straycat
02-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes actually... Am waiting to hear back from a friend currently.I got the logo, ty. :)

Dawg
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Progress so far...

http://astraycat.com/images/gmcmap.JPG

I kinda went overboard on the size, I have 8 hours into the lighting and a few more hours to go.

I tried to make some changes but the buttons on your picture aren't working. :o

{2399}Straycat
02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I hate the lighting on it but it'll take quite awhile to get it right so, Im going to leave it as it is for now. Some logo's are added but this map is huge.... Going to be hard to fill. I'll post more progress in a few days. I see this probably being done in a few weeks at the least. lol dawg :D

May I have permission to use the GMC website URL? I know it's a dead site but it was a big part of giant maps back in the day. I'll design that logo myself if approved. Andy? Tom?

Maybe make something you want me to use? 512x512 BMP plz........

andyofne
02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Do whatever you like, I really have no ideas.

There's a whole bunch of old UTGMC logo concept images in the gallery.

{2399}Straycat
02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
What gallery? :confused:

Here's what I have so far on the map, I havn't been workin on it much since my gamer cpu took a shit.

http://astraycat.com/images/gmc1.JPG

I have a new cpu on order, should have it by the weekend then I figure a week or so to finish the map.

[DT]AZ~Dreamer
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
looks good so far

Cowboy
02-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Looks nice. Good for some long range Esr fights. :)

{2399}Straycat
02-10-2009, 11:53 PM
I dont think a map this size, GMC style, has even been made. Just as it sits it's a 26meg map, including the music.... Runs smooth so Im not going to add alot more crap. Should be ready weekend after next.

{2399}Straycat
02-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Do whatever you like, I really have no ideas.

There's a whole bunch of old UTGMC logo concept images in the gallery.
Where is this gallery you speak of?

Also, what tags and screen name did you and Tom play under. I know Hosers was his but what was yours, Andy?

{2399}Straycat
02-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Map's complete. For anyone who wants to install it and check it out, here it is.

http://astraycat.com/DM-Clans Of The GMC.rar

Let me know what you rhink.

Tempus
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
I tried it but my display driver crashes and keeps cycling a black screen. I'm not positive if it's the map or the game yet though.

{2399}Straycat
02-20-2009, 10:31 PM
I tried it but my display driver crashes and keeps cycling a black screen. I'm not positive if it's the map or the game yet though.Map is tested and works. It's very big map so if your Vcards kinda old ( or its drivers ) thats probably why. I'll let you know whe its up on the [SOB] server and Burrs ZP server. Something may have corrupted while it was DLed but I wont know till it's up on a server.

{2399}Straycat
02-22-2009, 01:22 AM
A look at the complete project

http://astraycat.com/images/gmc2.JPG

I learned alot while making this map ( other then I'll NEVER make one this size again )

Fire
portals ( like in faaForever )
Score Boards ( irratating to figure out but I managed )
Angles

Tempus
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Very cool. I've never had the ability to figure out those map editors.

{2399}Straycat
02-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Very cool. I've never had the ability to figure out those map editors.Neither did I but one day I sat down with that tute and just went at it. After awhile I began to understand things. My maps, by far, are not complex by any means, but when you see what you've made up on a server it makes it all worthwhile.

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Damn I can't believe you guys are still around!!!! I got the itch to play again the other day so I've been working on getting a server online and come to find out there's still a bunch of people still playing and around the scene.

And now some nice new maps too!!! Glad someone picked up the torch once my life got sidetracked.

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
We all stray from play but the good ones always come home.

I have other maps hot off the presses if your interested.

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Always interested. Hopefully we'll have the server up by this weekend. I have most everything on the redirect just waiting on some drive cages to show up to load the server up.

andyofne
03-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Always interested. Hopefully we'll have the server up by this weekend. I have most everything on the redirect just waiting on some drive cages to show up to load the server up.

Crazy man. Crazy.

You should pimp out the UTGMC facebook group ;)

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm working on it!!! I think it's time for a GMC comeback!!!

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 02:55 PM
What's the servers name going to be?

And no offence but, who the hell are you? :D

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Haven't decided on a name yet... I'm sure it'll have LASA and/or GMC in it somewhere.

Are you serious about "who am I"?

Dawg
03-11-2009, 03:56 PM

It's "offense" and he's been around longer than you or I, Stray.

Marmaduke
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
From Andy's post at - http://www.utgmc.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20081005015725784

UTGMC.COM ---- Hall of Fame Nominations

PaulMaud?Dib ? One of the original members of the LASA clan, Jonathan put as much time in to creating GMC maps and mutators as anyone else I know. He was also instrumental in getting the first dedicated GMC servers up and running. He set up the first non-home-cable-modem Giant Map server called, at first, DogsofWar and then later changed to Giants. He provided a place for all the early clans to hold their clan matches and gave us all endless hours of good times with his many excellent map traps. I think one of the best things he did was set up the no-ESR Giants server (using his own no ESR mutators) which was one of the most popular servers ever advertised with the GMC tag. Jonathan wasn?t a big head who needed to be the center of attention yet it was his enthusiasm for the game that got me and the rest of the LASA clan involved in the pre-GMC fun.

Tempus
03-11-2009, 04:19 PM

Uhh, you know all of those "giant" maps we're all so fond of...

And cool to see you 'round Paul. I guess your return proves that you are the Kwisatz Haderach of big maps eh?

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 04:29 PM
DAMN... you make me sound old.... wait... I am getting "older".

I've been away soo long it's hard to believe anyone would remember me but the old hardcore guys. It's just nice to see some of my maps still being played. Kinda brings a tear to my eye :D

andyofne
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Haven't decided on a name yet... I'm sure it'll have LASA and/or GMC in it somewhere.

To be fair, a lot of the folks who "came after" never got to play against you.

Also, it's been like 9 years.

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
OUCH Andy!!! 9 Years?!? Maybe more like 6.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I honestly wasn't sure if he was jerking my chain or not. Stray, if I came across that way I apologize.

I'm just here to see what's up and to catch up. And maybe to get some peeps to dig out their UT CDs.

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Are you serious about "who am I"?Hell yea.

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
It's "offense" and he's been around longer than you or I, Stray.
And your point is? :D

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 05:55 PM
OUCH Andy!!! 9 Years?!? Maybe more like 6.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I honestly wasn't sure if he was jerking my chain or not. Stray, if I came across that way I apologize.

I'm just here to see what's up and to catch up. And maybe to get some peeps to dig out their UT CDs.I know, Im just fuckin with ya. But honestly, I dunno who you are:confused:

No apology needed. Ohh, I never unintsalled UT.

hoser
03-11-2009, 06:11 PM

A bit-O-amnesia eh :)

HOLY Crap good to see you.

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Well, if you've ever played a map with the word LASA in it you're playing one of my maps. Dremoan and I pretty much founded giant map making. That is besides the original BathroomRX map which was so basic it's hard to compare. When you think of the GM clans it all started with CBGB and LASA. I think there were like 9 of us combined between the 2 clans back then. We had the first 4-5 fulltime GMC servers out there. Andy actually wrote a history page which is still up on utgmc.com. It's kind of long winded, but Andy wrote it so you kind of have to expect it..lol It's scary thinking back how many GM clans started popping up back then. OHMS, aSh, 2399, GFY and a few other's I'm forgetting.

Dawg
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I know, Im just fuckin with ya. But honestly, I dunno who you are:confused:

No apology needed. Ohh, I never unintsalled UT.

You can just look up the UTGMC hall of fame which credits him as such:

One of the original members of the LASA clan, Jonathan put as much time in to creating GMC maps and mutators as anyone else I know. He was also instrumental in getting the first dedicated GMC servers up and running. He set up the first non-home-cable-modem Giant Map server called, at first, DogsofWar and then later changed to Giants. He provided a place for all the early clans to hold their clan matches and gave us all endless hours of good times with his many excellent map traps. I think one of the best things he did was set up the no-ESR Giants server (using his own no ESR mutators) which was one of the most popular servers ever advertised with the GMC tag. Jonathan wasn't a big head who needed to be the center of attention yet it was his enthusiasm for the game that got me and the rest of the LASA clan involved in the pre-GMC fun.

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Dawg... you're like my publicist :cool:

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Well, if you've ever played a map with the word LASA in it you're playing one of my maps. Dremoan and I pretty much founded giant map making. That is besides the original BathroomRX map which was so basic it's hard to compare. When you think of the GM clans it all started with CBGB and LASA. I think there were like 9 of us combined between the 2 clans back then. We had the first 4-5 fulltime GMC servers out there. Andy actually wrote a history page which is still up on utgmc.com. It's kind of long winded, but Andy wrote it so you kind of have to expect it..lol It's scary thinking back how many GM clans started popping up back then. OHMS, aSh, 2399, GFY and a few other's I'm forgetting.

Well, thanks for the maps. It's just to bad so many got hacked up...

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM
You can just look up the UTGMC hall of fame which credits him as such:
Link me up, Dawg.

hoser
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Marmaduke too?

Holy crap, was there a seance?
Coming back from the dead I tell ya :)

Good to see you guys, I'll let Belzebuth know your on :)

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Us LASA boys are still pretty close. I still work with Kaz. Marmaduke (a.k.a Nunya) did work with me, but just switched jobs about a year ago. And well.... Andy's always been around.

I'm tellin' ya... it's time to bring UT back :D

PaulMuad'Dib
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Link me up, Dawg.

History (http://www.utgmc.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20081005013711797)
Hall of Fame (http://www.utgmc.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20081005015725784)

hoser
03-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Preservin the GB's. Yo.

http://cbgbforum.com/archive/archive.html

{2399}Straycat
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM
History (http://www.utgmc.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20081005013711797)
Hall of Fame (http://www.utgmc.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20081005015725784)

Interesting reading, thanks for that. I didn't showup untill late 2000. Was in BOP not long after that. Played for a year or so with them and did some major clan juggling. *DbD*, CoC and finally {2399}. Its sad to say all are just a memory now but, what a ride it was!

If you get your server going I have a few maps if you'd care to add them.

http://astraycat.com/DM-SOB13thHole.rar

http://astraycat.com/DM-SOBSenileOldBastards.rar

http://astraycat.com/DM-ClansOfTheGMC.rar

http://astraycat.com/DM-Deck1601][.unr Dads Fav. :D

I Have others but none are uploaded to my site at the moment.

sobclangaming.com

Stop in and say hello. You can also get the URL to our server.

shmegma
04-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Some logos here.
http://cbgbclan.com/links.htm

CBGB Clan archives
http://www.cbgbforum.com/archive/archive.html

HOLY SHIT, I cannot believe that old link to the ohms page is still active and my intro is STILL there!!!!!! Now I'm trying to figure out my old ftp access to obtain that swish intro. Classic....thanks Tom

shmegma
04-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey Stray, my intro had a bunch of logos in it but I doubt you can use any. They'd be too small and not sure how you'd grab them from the swish intro anyways other than taking 'printscreen' images and cropping in photoshop.

And Stray......you BETTER have a monkey spankin logo in there somewhere!

shmegma
04-11-2009, 03:29 PM
YES GUY!!!!!!!!!!! Managed to get into that old site via ftp and dl the intro. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Monkey Spankin memories!

{2399}Straycat
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
YES GUY!!!!!!!!!!! Managed to get into that old site via ftp and dl the intro. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Monkey Spankin memories!
Sorry budd but that maps been complete and basically trashed due to slow preformance to lower end cards. I do have a few others in the works so, get dem logos to me and I'll add a few here and there. It it still running on the SOB server if you's like to see how it turned out....

shmegma
04-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Sorry budd but that maps been complete and basically trashed due to slow preformance to lower end cards. I do have a few others in the works so, get dem logos to me and I'll add a few here and there. It it still running on the SOB server if you's like to see how it turned out....

Biggest file I have on that logo now is 162x162 so I doubt it'll be any good to you for the map. I lost all my old files from the ohms site other than that logo and the intro. I have it in bitmap if you want me to send it to you?

{2399}Straycat
04-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Biggest file I have on that logo now is 162x162 so I doubt it'll be any good to you for the map. I lost all my old files from the ohms site other than that logo and the intro. I have it in bitmap if you want me to send it to you?Any size or format you have is fine. I have me a nifty converter so it's all good. I also have other maps that I recently got that have your logo in it, but I wanna see what you have first. I did see you yesterday but by the time I got into the server you was gone. Send to: straycat_07@yahoo.com plz

[SOB]server IPs

8.9.6.104 Main server
68.232.169.209 My server

Both are named simular

[SOB]Senile Old Bastards

Mine has the words Multi Config at the end.....

hoser
04-22-2009, 06:57 PM
HOLY SHIT, I cannot believe that old link to the ohms page is still active and my intro is STILL there!!!!!! Now I'm trying to figure out my old ftp access to obtain that swish intro. Classic....thanks Tom

Neat huh :)

Run N. Gun
05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
This is awesome, a rebirth of the GMC. :cool: So cool to see the LASA guys regrouping.

Stray - Please don't forget the [FusionDM] clan in that map. We've been around since 1999. ;)

{2399}Straycat
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
This is awesome, a rebirth of the GMC. :cool: So cool to see the LASA guys regrouping.

Stray - Please don't forget the [FusionDM] clan in that map. We've been around since 1999. ;)

You wern't forgotten..:D Some were though, I didn't have alot of maps back then to strip logos out. Another simular map will be made but not half the size as this sucker turned out, I kinda sorta got carried away...

Maps been done for over a month, it is on my server.

Map's name. DM-ClansOfTheGMC

Run N. Gun
05-04-2009, 10:54 PM
You wern't forgotten..:D Some were though, I didn't have alot of maps back then to strip logos out. Another simular map will be made but not half the size as this sucker turned out, I kinda sorta got carried away...

Maps been done for over a month, it is on my server.

Map's name. DM-ClansOfTheGMC

Sweet. I'll come check out the server!

Cowboy
05-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Hey it's a Fusion guy.Nice to hear from one of you.
How is Swamie and Bullboy doing these days?You still keep In touch?

Run N. Gun
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey it's a Fusion guy.Nice to hear from one of you.
How is Swamie and Bullboy doing these days?You still keep In touch?

I talk to Swamie just about every week or every other week. Little Bullboy now has a son of his own, himself - making Swamie a grandpa! I saw Swamie last year when I took him his new gaming computer that I built for him. They are all doing very well. I'll tell Swamie to stop by and say hello. :cool:

Cowboy
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow sounds good.Lil bullboy Is a daddy now.Time sure does fly by.

Run N. Gun
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I know, hard to believe I started playing with Bullboy in 1999, and he was just a kid. Well, a kid who could own a map like noone I've ever seen. LOL

Now he's changing diapers. Goodie for him! :D

Lotharr
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM
So - I may have to re-install UT 99 then? :)

{2399}Straycat
06-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I know, hard to believe I started playing with Bullboy in 1999, and he was just a kid. Well, a kid who could own a map like noone I've ever seen. LOL

Now he's changing diapers. Goodie for him! :D

What is your server's speed and air control? Seems kinda slow......

{2399}Straycat
06-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Make it so :D

Run N. Gun
06-11-2009, 12:46 AM
What is your server's speed and air control? Seems kinda slow......

Agreed.

135/35 I had it at this speed in order to give my sons and some other noobs a chance to get a feel for the game, rather than getting owned by veterans at 155/55. LOL

I'll have it back to 155/55 soon. :D

Run N. Gun
06-11-2009, 12:47 AM

Please do. Come pay us a visit. It's been too long since we've played together. :cool:

{2399}Straycat
06-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Agreed.

135/35 I had it at this speed in order to give my sons and some other noobs a chance to get a feel for the game, rather than getting owned by veterans at 155/55. LOL

I'll have it back to 155/55 soon. :DLet me know when it's up to speed. Slo mo play sucks... :(

Run N. Gun
06-14-2009, 11:01 PM
I have the server running at 155/55 full time now. Enjoy. :cool:

{2399}Straycat
06-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Thank you! :)