PDA

View Full Version : It's a good thing this site isn't busy

andyofne
09-19-2009, 11:19 AM
As of Friday, they started blocking access to it at work.

Yeah, it's like they don't even know what goes on here.

Tempus
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
As of Friday, they started blocking access to it at work.

Yeah, it's like they don't even know what goes on here.

It's mostly mysterious rituals and sex with farm animals. You haven't been missing much. :rolleyes:

hoser
09-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Something goes on here?

{2399}Straycat
09-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Yawn, wow, a new post. :D

andyofne
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I do what I can.

Dawson
09-21-2009, 11:07 PM
UPS dropped off my new intel ssd today and I installed windows7 on it in about 15 minutes. Now my computer takes about 20 seconds to boot and programs start instantly....This is the most noticeable jump in performance for everyday use I have ever seen from a single upgrade...or even a whole new system upgrade for that matter.

I also have a i7 860, MSI p55 mobo and 4 gigs of ddr3 that should be here thursday so I'm looking forward to that too. Then my upgrades will be done for a few years at least I hope.

My wife will be getting the core2 duo I currently run, she's tired of using her laptop as a desktop system.

I love computers:D

Tempus
09-22-2009, 12:33 AM
UPS dropped off my new intel ssd today and I installed windows7 on it in about 15 minutes. Now my computer takes about 20 seconds to boot and programs start instantly....This is the most noticeable jump in performance for everyday use I have ever seen from a single upgrade...or even a whole new system upgrade for that matter.

I also have a i7 860, MSI p55 mobo and 4 gigs of ddr3 that should be here thursday so I'm looking forward to that too. Then my upgrades will be done for a few years at least I hope.

My wife will be getting the core2 duo I currently run, she's tired of using her laptop as a desktop system.

Spoiled bastage. ;) I have a laptop running Windows 7 and just the OS upgrade makes a big difference in performance coming from Vista.

Dawson
09-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Spoiled bastage. ;) I have a laptop running Windows 7 and just the OS upgrade makes a big difference in performance coming from Vista.

I hear ya, we put win7 on my wifes laptop that came with vista...the difference was night and day.

FYI, if anyone plans to buy windows7 home or pro and you have a .edu email address that you can use you can get it for 30.00 bucks here (http://windows7.digitalriver.com/store/mswpus/en_US/DisplayHomePage?resid=rX@smgoBAkcAADcBcsMAAAAn&rests=1253649902805)

To get windows7 professional....when you enter your email and get verified and follow the link given in your email. it will take you to the home premium screen. but right below it, it will say,"need to join your schools domain name" than it will allow you to order windows 7 professional. for the same price.

...My wifes in USF so we were able to get one copy, just wish I had access to a second .edu email so I could get me a copy too but I'm happy we got the one at least.

andyofne
09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I had XP on this computer before I loaded Win 7 and I haven't noticed any significant performance improvement but it does run well. Smooth and crisp.

I have no complaints right now. Of course, I wasn't having any complaints about XP before the migration to 7.

Still, this may be the first time I've done an 'early adopter' thing with an OS and been pleasantly satisfied with the experience.

It seems like Microsoft can't do 2 in a row. It's almost like an every other OS is worth the effort situation.

Dawson
09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I had XP on this computer before I loaded Win 7 and I haven't noticed any significant performance improvement but it does run well. Smooth and crisp.

I have no complaints right now. Of course, I wasn't having any complaints about XP before the migration to 7.

Still, this may be the first time I've done an 'early adopter' thing with an OS and been pleasantly satisfied with the experience.

It seems like Microsoft can't do 2 in a row. It's almost like an every other OS is worth the effort situation.

Yeah, Vista works ok on higher end systems but anything less just drags to a crawl with vista, especially after it's been installed for a few months. Windows 7 seems to run as fast as xp on any system but with all the improvements plus of vista.

blindfish
09-26-2009, 04:37 PM
:p ...you're all going off topic....lets migrate back to the farm animals :p

<"><

Tempus
09-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Lonely Fishy

http://home.comcast.net/~TempusMn/sheepluva.jpg

blindfish
09-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Lonely Fishy

http://home.comcast.net/~TempusMn/sheepluva.jpg

HAY...I know her :D

Belz
09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
:eek:

zero_cool
10-17-2009, 08:51 AM

hey i just got the i7 860 too, paired with an ATI radeon 4980 1gb, 4gb ddr3 1333, asus evo mobo. NO ssd for me though... to much money. im running that core i7 860 at almost 4ghz though on the stock air cooler