PDA

View Full Version : Hello, all! New to [FPSN]

[FPSN] Spec Ops |
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I wanted to take a second and introduce myself as a new member of [FPSN]. My ingame name is [FPSN] Spec Ops | and I have been into TF2 recently and I am also an avid CS:S player. See everyone out there! :cool:

andyofne
07-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Spec Ops |;7019']I wanted to take a second and introduce myself as a new member of [FPSN]. My ingame name is [FPSN] Spec Ops | and I have been into TF2 recently and I am also an avid CS:S player. See everyone out there! :cool:

Howdy, man, you picked a pretty inactive group to join :) Things have been dead as a door nail around here for the last LONG while.

Skillz
07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Howdy, man, you picked a pretty inactive group to join :) Things have been dead as a door nail around here for the last LONG while.

Way to encourage new members.

Welcome to the site dood, any other games you play?

{2399}Straycat
07-15-2011, 06:07 AM
lol@andy

andyofne
07-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Way to encourage new members.

Welcome to the site dood, any other games you play?

Encourage news members of what?

Skillz
07-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Encourage news members of what?

new*

A new member to the site. :o

andyofne
07-16-2011, 06:30 PM
new*

A new member to the site. :o

I'm sorry. But I don't think there's anything to encourage or discourage.

There is nothing here but old timers keeping in touch. There is no active gaming, no active clans, no active anything.

Days and weeks can go by without anyone posting anything.

I don't think Tom visits here even on a monthly basis.

If it wasn't nearly free to host I don't think it would be worth the effort... but since there's no effort involved it's just as easy to leave it.

Skillz
07-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Well I suppose you're right.

andyofne
07-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately.

{2399}Straycat
07-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Well I suppose you're right.
Shhhh, dont tell him that, it'll go to his head :D

Skillz
07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Shhhh, dont tell him that, it'll go to his head :D

Not like my comments will matter, it already draws it's own objects towards it. :D

hoser
07-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Seriously.

I may stop by every month or two when I think about it.

On a bright note, I did just renew the domain for two more years, and the attorney letters from the planet site have stopped, lol

http://Planetut3.com

They were pissed I beat them to the punch.

*XxDADxX*
07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey Hosebagious Tom how the heck are you doing?!!!!!!!!

andyofne
07-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey Hosebagious Tom how the heck are you doing?!!!!!!!!

He'll come back in September to reply. :(

andyofne
07-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Seriously.

I may stop by every month or two when I think about it.

On a bright note, I did just renew the domain for two more years, and the attorney letters from the planet site have stopped, lol

http://Planetut3.com

They were pissed I beat them to the punch.

I don't know how popular that game became but I doubt it had the same kind of following as classic UT.

Skillz
07-30-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't know how popular that game became but I doubt it had the same kind of following as classic UT.

Even though I have no proof, but I'd be willing to bet more users are online on average playing Unreal Tournament than UT3.

andyofne
07-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Even though I have no proof, but I'd be willing to bet more users are online on average playing Unreal Tournament than UT3.

It left a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

Skillz
07-31-2011, 12:00 PM
It left a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

That probably wasn't the game. ;)

{2399}Straycat
07-31-2011, 01:16 PM

Hard to say, I still see server traffic but it's nothing to jump up and down about...:cool:

Skillz
07-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Hard to say, I still see server traffic but it's nothing to jump up and down about...:cool:

Just because no one is on your server playing, isn't really an indication that their aren't many players playing UT online.

{2399}Straycat
08-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Just because no one is on your server playing, isn't really an indication that their aren't many players playing UT online.

True Leroy, but I look at the server viewer alot and 92% are overseas. Still very popular overseas but there arn't many left in the states ( GMC Style ) there are a few bin and zark servers here but those arn't my thing..... Burrmans server is still very popular and thats were most old school players show up ( alais'in of course ) Hop in if you still have the game installed.

Skillz
08-01-2011, 05:54 PM
True Leroy, but I look at the server viewer alot and 92% are overseas. Still very popular overseas but there arn't many left in the states ( GMC Style ) there are a few bin and zark servers here but those arn't my thing..... Burrmans server is still very popular and thats were most old school players show up ( alais'in of course ) Hop in if you still have the game installed.

I was referring to the game over all, not juts a specific region nor a specific game style. :D

One day I'm gonna get around to programming a php page that querys all three master servers in regular intervals and graphs the number of players and servers so one can compare just how popular all three games are.

andyofne
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I think gametracker.com does something like that.

According to their stats today, there are about 203 UT3 servers, 476 UT2004 servers, and 948 classic UT servers. I'm not sure about player averages but they have some numbers that seem to suggest there are 2400 or so UT players compared to 1200 UT3 players.

andyofne
08-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm still have UT 2004 on my pc but I lost my UT 3 DVD a long time ago. I'm half tempted to run a server but I know I'll just be saddened by the whole thing.

Skillz
08-02-2011, 03:23 AM
I think gametracker.com does something like that.

According to their stats today, there are about 203 UT3 servers, 476 UT2004 servers, and 948 classic UT servers. I'm not sure about player averages but they have some numbers that seem to suggest there are 2400 or so UT players compared to 1200 UT3 players.

I wouldn't consider gametracker.com very reliable to get numbers for comparison. Server admins have to add their server to the service (or at least someone has to add it, it's not automatic)

So all that could mean is more UT admins add their server to the site than UT2k4 or UT3 server admins.

I lost both my UT2k4 and UT3 media (actually, I think the UT3 media was stolen back when my laptop got stolen and UT2k4 went missing from Katrina) but if I ever plan to get them again, it'll be during another Steam sale where I can get all of them for extremely cheap. Didn't pay attention to how much they were going for this past Steam sale, I'll try and remember to check the next sale, I doubt it's very much seeing as how right now it's $40 for Unreal, Unreal II, UT, UT2k4 and UT3 and Steam is well known for having up to 75% off on bundles.