PDA

View Full Version : BF3 rollcall

Tidy
08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Anyone going to dust off their gaming skills when BF3 hits in oct?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Battlefield?v=m8S_eEv_A5k&feature=pyv&ad=15034374940&kw=BF3

Skillz
08-28-2011, 03:02 PM
I am.

Hopefully my rig can handle it, if not I'll be upgrading the video card and/or getting a second to SLi them.

Tidy
08-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I have all but givin up on gaming but BF just at least keeps me interested. I figure too, it'll be winter and I will have some spare time in the off season. The visual looks killer, i hope the gameplay isn't dunbed down because of consoles. If bf had a great sdk and a redirect like ut99, modding would make it epic, but i saw they aren't looking to supporter modders for this one.

IDK why either, look what the DC mod did for 42. Stoked none the less!

Skillz
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah I don't download many mods for games, unless the server sends them to me when I connect.

blindfish
09-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh ya baby...we already have locked down a server.

c ya out there.

just finished putting together a new pc for it:

i7 3.4
Sabretooth Mobo
ASUS 560 1gb vid card
16 GB's
500 gb hhd sata 6gbs

Skillz
09-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Oh ya baby...we already have locked down a server.

c ya out there.

just finished putting together a new pc for it:

i7 3.4
Sabretooth Mobo
ASUS 560 1gb vid card
16 GB's
500 gb hhd sata 6gbs

Over kill much? :p

Got an IP on the server yet?

andyofne
10-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm trying out the demo. Don't care for it much.

It was difficult to get installed with a LOT of errors that I had to work around.

My son pre-ordered the game for me a LONG time ago but I'm not sure I want it.

Every damned BF game that comes out has cheats designed for it before the game even comes out of beta. Depressing.

Skillz
10-03-2011, 02:22 AM
I'm trying out the demo. Don't care for it much.

It was difficult to get installed with a LOT of errors that I had to work around.

My son pre-ordered the game for me a LONG time ago but I'm not sure I want it.

Every damned BF game that comes out has cheats designed for it before the game even comes out of beta. Depressing.

Pretty sure that's because the cheats are based upon the engine running the game and not the actual game. Since most games share popular engines, porting them to the "new" game usually isn't difficult.

Still sad though. :(

I still haven't loaded up the beta, EA's decision to pull it from Steam so they can focus on their own digital distribution software isn't fitting well with me.

andyofne
10-09-2011, 11:36 AM
The good news is, they already have an aimbot, at least one. It's well confirmed.

EA/Dice really needs to take a stand against cheating and by that I don't mean forcing me to install punkbuster.

I'm seriously considering not buying this game. It's expensive and I'm not interested in dealing with cheaters.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they tried to be a little less obvious but when they stand in their spawn shooting people across the map as soon as they spawn, well, it's a little stupid.

Skillz
10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
The good news is, they already have an aimbot, at least one. It's well confirmed.

EA/Dice really needs to take a stand against cheating and by that I don't mean forcing me to install punkbuster.

I'm seriously considering not buying this game. It's expensive and I'm not interested in dealing with cheaters.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they tried to be a little less obvious but when they stand in their spawn shooting people across the map as soon as they spawn, well, it's a little stupid.

I agree, but sadly DICE lets PB deal with the cheats and well, PB just doesn't seem to keep updated fast enough.

I'm not considering buying the game simply because I hate that EA is forcing it's digital distribution software on us. I mean, I know Valve did it back in the day with their software and Steam, but all my games are on Steam and I do not wish to have multiple DD clients running that I have to use to play my games.

With that being said, hopefully EA pulls their head out their ass and puts BF3 back on Steam.

*2399* Izzy
10-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Hey Guys I would like to let you all know that *2399* The Much Feared!!! is already established in BF3. We have already got our web site up, 2399gaming.com Team Speak 3 Server up 74.80.202.98. Ordering a Server box in Texas on Oct 15th. We have 40 members in the clan for BF3 and a few of them are pro from BF2. If some really good information on what you can expect from *2399* The Much Feared!!! please visit my youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSThJC4XFM&feature=player_embedded

*2399* Izzy
10-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Hey Guys I would like to let you all know that *2399* The Much Feared!!! is already established in BF3. We have already have our web site up, 2399gaming.com Team Speak 3 Server up 74.80.202.98. Ordering a Server box in Texas on Oct 15th. We have 40 members in the clan for BF3 and a few of them are pro from BF2. If some really good information on what you can expect from *2399* The Much Feared!!! please visit my youtube video.

*2399* Izzy
10-11-2011, 06:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSThJC4XFM&feature=player_embedded

{2399}Reaper
10-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Bout time you got on here...

Lets do this. I am also up for any other games you all want to be beaten at. muhahaha

Tidy
10-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I remember playing with you guys in bf2 for a bit but I think the effort fizzle out some if I recall. I always felt weird with 2399, but Andy won't bring back the deathKamp...lol

I hope I don't have enough time to "Clan" up if this project of mine keeps going but I will definitely jump in on some games once I get it.

Skillz
10-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Did you play for HNC, Izzy?

andyofne
10-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I remember playing with you guys in bf2 for a bit but I think the effort fizzle out some if I recall. I always felt weird with 2399, but Andy won't bring back the deathKamp...lol

I hope I don't have enough time to "Clan" up if this project of mine keeps going but I will definitely jump in on some games once I get it.

I played BF2 for five years. ;)

Tidy
10-15-2011, 11:57 AM
I played BF2 for five years. ;)

I know that. you got Darth Tatored a few times, but it was never the same with different tags,, or maybe it was not having Candy around, he prob would have been shooting pilots out of jets with a sniper rifle to keep that mid air targeting action he had...lol

Tidy
11-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Sorry for making you platooner mad Andy. I giggled a little when he accused me of having an aimbot or something for the knife. I like using it when attacking flags because you don't give away your position unless they are on teamspeak or something. Hell it's my top weapon.

Skillz
11-27-2011, 04:04 AM
I'm not getting Origin to play BF3. I hate EA with passion, don't want to download their shitty DD software just to play the game. When they release it on Steam, I'll buy it. :mad:

andyofne
11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm not getting Origin to play BF3. I hate EA with passion, don't want to download their shitty DD software just to play the game. When they release it on Steam, I'll buy it. :mad:

I've been using the EA downloader for several years and never had any trouble with it.

Origin is not an issue for me, the game updates download quite fast.

It's no different than Steam and a lot of folks bitched about that, too.

Skillz
11-28-2011, 02:25 AM
I've been using the EA downloader for several years and never had any trouble with it.

Origin is not an issue for me, the game updates download quite fast.

It's no different than Steam and a lot of folks bitched about that, too.

Yeah I know a lot of people bitched about Steam when it first came out and I am sure Origin is a descent service, however I do not want all the publishers keeping their games strictly on one service... then I'll have 15 different DD programs running just to play the games I want to play. I'd rather them be in one location and it just so happens that Steam is the location I choose. :o

andyofne
11-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah I know a lot of people bitched about Steam when it first came out and I am sure Origin is a descent service, however I do not want all the publishers keeping their games strictly on one service... then I'll have 15 different DD programs running just to play the games I want to play. I'd rather them be in one location and it just so happens that Steam is the location I choose. :o

Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about playing against your hacking ass.

Skillz
11-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about playing against your hacking ass.

haha :p

Parsefal88
01-10-2012, 02:05 AM
YEM, Domo and I owned the shit out of BF3 this afternoon. We went 9-1 in conquest before I lost my connection, and I think YEM and Domo knocked out 2 more wins before I could re-join them. Then we switched to rush and went 1-1. As much as I liked rush on BC2, I prefer conquest on BF3. We'll see if the Return to Karkland changes that.