FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming Topics (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   UT3 Beta Demo available today at 3PM EST (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505)

andyofne 10-12-2007 12:44 PM

UT3 Beta Demo available today at 3PM EST

Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Available Today on Fileplanet at 3 PM ET

Midway and Epic Games announce that the beta demo for Unreal Tournament 3, the highly anticipated first-person-shooter, will be available for download today via http://www.fileplanet.com at 3 PM ET. The beta demo consists of three different action-packed Deathmatch and Vehicle Capture the Flag maps: HeatRay, ShangriLa and Suspense. All maps in the demo can be played locally against bots, or online against human opponents. Unreal Tournament 3 is currently slated to ship in November for PC. Get ready to get your frag on!

HeatRay (Deathmatch):
This battle takes place in a night-time urban setting. Players battle over who gets to use a Dark Walker super weapon after it is spawned by a passing drop-ship. If you manage to get it, be sure to rack up the kills quickly since everyone will be gunning for you. The Dark Walker is like a giant piñata -- when it dies it drops a U-Damage and a Berzerk power-up. If you want to stay hidden from the Dark Walker keep an eye out for the Invisibility power-up.

ShangriLa (Deathmatch):
A stark contrast to HeatRay's moody setting, ShangriLa is a sunny, tranquil map set high in the Izanagi Mountains. This map is designed in the traditional style of big Team Deathmatch maps, so it should please the most hardcore UT Deathmatch players. Fight over the U-damage in the central courtyard, or try to control the Shield-belt alley. You can find jumpboots in a vulnerable spot at the end of a dock, but the risk is worth the reward as they will go a long way toward helping you control the map.

Suspense (Vehicle Capture the Flag):
Set on a massive suspension bridge deep in Axon territory, this map is a playground of gameplay possibilities. It's a favorite in Epic office playtests because you can find almost all the Axon vehicles, as well as the Redeemer super-weapon. Whether you are sniping from the bridge towers, camping with the tank, towing hover-boarding flag-runners from your Raptor, controlling the redeemer from underneath the bridge, bombarding from afar with Hellfire SPMA artillery, or doing fast attacks with Manta's and Scorpions, everyone will find something they love doing in Suspense.

Unreal Tournament 3 marks the return of the world's premiere first-person shooter to the PC, and its debut on the PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system. Unreal Tournament 3 unleashes the full power of Unreal Engine 3, taking graphics, gameplay, and challenge to a whole new level. Players engage in intense battles with other human players online, or against Unreal artificial intelligence that sets the industry standard. With the most powerful futuristic weapons and vehicles available, this is FPS action at its best!

andyofne 10-12-2007 03:59 PM

For those that don't have a file planet account, I'll try to upload the file to a web server tonight and offer limited opportunities to download (due to bandwidth issues). It's less than 800MB total, but I don't want to saturate my site.

Thanks.

Lotharr 10-12-2007 04:35 PM

oops... nevermind...

Tempus 10-12-2007 11:07 PM

It's shiny, new and shiny... shiny. :cool:

From what I've seen so far thew night map is a bit low on contrast for my aged eyes to track players well, but so far everything else looks good.

andyofne 10-13-2007 12:21 AM

Glad I didn't get too excited.

Game play in the 'beta demo' sucks.

My computer froze up twice. The first time I sat there listening to a throbbing sound and had no ability to move or switch weapons or anything. Eventually, after 15-30 seconds, it started moving again but by that time I must have been killed because I seemed to be respawned.

The second time I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the game to get back to the desktop.

My system is a 3.2Ghz P4 with 3GB of RAM running a Geforce 6800GT 256MB DDR3 video card.

Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow.

freddy 10-13-2007 10:00 AM

Andrew Perhaps you should upgrade your vid drivers, our specs are just about the same...Athlon64 3000, 6800gs 256m, 1.25gig ram

vid driver 163.75

Runs smooth here resolution 1680x1050w, all details maxed....what i don't like is the way the mouse movement feels..not "sharp enough"

Tempus 10-13-2007 10:32 AM

Fred, change your mouse sensitivity and make sure that mouse smoothing option is turned off.

freddy 10-13-2007 11:11 AM

Thanks B...will do!

DoctoR_DeatH 10-13-2007 11:33 AM

I really like it so far. It makes me feel like my computer is a hunk of crap but UT has always done that.

I ran a non dedicated 12 player server all of last night and it ran pretty smooth. I will have it running later also.

DoctoR DeatHs DeatH KamP III

Stop by.

*XxDADxX* 10-13-2007 04:17 PM

Is there any other place besides File Planet to get the demo?

andyofne 10-13-2007 04:23 PM

I tried to upload it from work before I left on Friday but only 600MB is showing up on my ftp server so I guess it never finished. Sorry.

whiz 10-13-2007 05:06 PM

try this link

http://files.filefront.com/Unreal+To.../fileinfo.html

*XxDADxX* 10-13-2007 11:46 PM

I was able to get it. Got it loaded and seems to run ok. Graphics are ok. What are the minimum system requirements? I might be at the minimum. I am running the following on gaming side of computer. Maybe I am ready for an upgrade

Athlon XP2700 2.1 GHZ
Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
1 GB DDR 2700
ATI 9700 PRO 128MB VRAM
WD SATA 10,00RPM 80GB

andyofne 10-14-2007 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *XxDADxX* (Post 4141)
I was able to get it. Got it loaded and seems to run ok. Graphics are ok. What are the minimum system requirements? I might be at the minimum. I am running the following on gaming side of computer. Maybe I am ready for an upgrade

Athlon XP2700 2.1 GHZ
Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
1 GB DDR 2700
ATI 9700 PRO 128MB VRAM
WD SATA 10,00RPM 80GB

Best part of your computer is probably your hard drive :)

D_A_M_A_G_E 10-14-2007 08:42 AM

Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor

512 MB of System RAM

NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card

8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements

2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor

1 GB of System RAM

NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card

8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

D_A_M_A_G_E 10-14-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctoR_DeatH (Post 4137)
I really like it so far. It makes me feel like my computer is a hunk of crap but UT has always done that.

I ran a non dedicated 12 player server all of last night and it ran pretty smooth. I will have it running later also.

DoctoR DeatHs DeatH KamP III

Stop by.

Is this still up is it deathmatch I assume? can`t see it

jackass 10-14-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *XxDADxX* (Post 4138)
Is there any other place besides File Planet to get the demo?

Run a search on Google for SetupUT3Demo.exe and you should get several other options. I suggest you use a Download Manager on other sites other than File Planet(They have their own DM) I kept getting disconnected from File Planet after about 500 megs download so I said screw it and went elsewhere.

Skillz 10-14-2007 11:28 AM

There are a few locations posted here.

http://crosshairgamers.com/viewtopic.php?t=226

As well as a direct link on crosshairgamers.

whiz 10-14-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackass (Post 4146)
Run a search on Google for SetupUT3Demo.exe and you should get several other options. I suggest you use a Download Manager on other sites other than File Planet(They have their own DM) I kept getting disconnected from File Planet after about 500 megs download so I said screw it and went elsewhere.

Or that file front link i posted up there ;) I downloaded in like 20 min

O yea and my system is

AMD 3500+ 2.2Ghz
1 Gig PC3200 DDR
7800GS AGP 256Mb Video Card
250Gig SATA WD Hard Drive

andyofne 10-14-2007 05:45 PM

I've tried playing it several times. I get about 8 minutes in and it basically locks up and I have ot Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out.

D_A_M_A_G_E 10-14-2007 06:36 PM

Feels alot like ut 04 better graphics possibly better gameplay feels somehow better :)

knuttraker 10-14-2007 07:17 PM

plays great maxed out on my box. My only complaint so far is the shock rifle is to weak but those little plasma balls from secondary fire are to strong. Nice that the sniper rifle doesnt suck like the 2k4 one, its a good weapon for dm now.

Dawson 10-14-2007 09:41 PM

It reboots my system when I try to start it with dual monitors but seems to work fine if I disable one, I couldn't create an account for some reason (kept saying I had to use alphanumeric and no spaces, which is what I was doing) so I played a few games offline and it worked fairly well, I may have to pull out my trackball though, regular mouse works fine for general stuff but I just can't seem to get the hang of playing ut with it. Problems are to be expected, after all it is a beta , the official demo will be more stable I'm sure.

Lotharr 10-15-2007 11:46 AM

It plays okay on my machine as long as I dumb-down the graphics.

It was running sweet on my kids' PC until something kept making the computer freeze on the "Welcome" screen during boot-up. I had to do a system roll-back to before I installed the demo, and the computer is fine now. I haven't had the time to re-install it to see if it locks it up again. :rolleyes:

Skillz 10-15-2007 01:41 PM

You guys do realize this is a BETA demo, right?

So if your having compatibility issues with it, then you need to report the problem(s) to Epic, so they can address them.

Things such as dxdiag logs, ut logs, system logs, error messages, ect... will all aid them in fixing any problems before the official demo and/or full game comes out.

andyofne 10-15-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz (Post 4159)
You guys do realize this is a BETA demo, right?

So if your having compatibility issues with it, then you need to report the problem(s) to Epic, so they can address them.

Things such as dxdiag logs, ut logs, system logs, error messages, ect... will all aid them in fixing any problems before the official demo and/or full game comes out.

I don't think any one else noticed that it was called BETA DEMO about 30 times when they downloaded it.

{2399}Straycat 10-15-2007 05:47 PM

Runs ok for me, reminds me alot of 2003.

2.8 Intel
Gforce 7600 GT
1 gig ram

D_A_M_A_G_E 10-15-2007 06:33 PM

just a heads up this game uses 100 percent of both my cores in vista all the time so it will stress your system.

SouthSide 10-16-2007 02:19 PM

i cant even play it. when i click the UT icon i get a error message. probably from the out dated system i play on.

P4 1.8
512mb Ram
Ti4600

:(

{2399}Straycat 10-16-2007 04:15 PM

Here's another link from my server host for the demo. Game plays ok for me offline but online its laggy as hell :(

http://www.chi-banginsales.com/Downl...T3BetaDemo.exe

andyofne 10-16-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthSide (Post 4168)
i cant even play it. when i click the UT icon i get a error message. probably from the out dated system i play on.

P4 1.8
512mb Ram
Ti4600

I would bet a dollar your video card is not supported. Plus, you don't have enough RAM and your processor is too slow.

Besides that, you're probably fine.

Skillz 10-16-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthSide (Post 4168)

P4 1.8
512mb Ram
Ti4600

Your video card isn't supported. The Pentium 4 is alright, and 512MB is the bare minimal. Hoping your running Windows XP with it, which I am sure you are.

If you want to play, a video card upgrade would be fine. Get a 7900GS AGP video card, they are like $180 bucks and you'll be able to run UT3 on the lowest settings.

RAM will help, but this game is designed to play on consoles with less memory than that.

edit
shit, someone beat me to it

whiz 10-17-2007 06:40 AM

I'm looking to sell my parts for a cheap price
package deal if your interested that is :D

cpu /fansink AMD3500 2.2ghz / Fatal1ty 180mm fan /w heatsink made by Zalman
ram 1 gig OCZ pc3200
video card 7900GSOC AGP
motherboard MSI K8T Neo 2 (Via Chipset)

*Xx~Vlad~xX* 10-17-2007 10:05 AM

I'm hearing a lot of mixed, but good reviews from both traditional UT99 players and UT2kX players. They say the movement isn't as clunky as UT2k4, but not as smooth as UT99 was, however, I am hearing more and more good reviews then bad ones.

I might actually download the demo tonight.

*Xx~Vlad~xX* 10-17-2007 11:14 PM

I DL'd the demo and played a few rounds against the bots.

I like the weapons! They have the look/movement/feel of the UT2k4 guns w/ added thump, yet killed like UT99.

The "Minigun" was the nuts!!!

Shock Combos were slick!!! And easier to pull off.

Rockets seem to have a UT99 style timing w/ UT2k4 spread (3 rockets max ALT Fire). They killed very quickly, even w/ one to the face.

Flak - Has a slower rate of fire...not as spammy as UT99, but damn lethal.

Sniper - I actually got used to using a bolt action sniper playing Day of Defeat Source...so I felt right at home w/ the new sniper. Extremely powerful!! It does fire a tracer round, so you won't camp long w/ it.

Pulse - The ALT Fire looked more like green lightning...I loved it!!

Goo Gun - I will always hate the Goo Gun...LOL :D

Movement - Not as clunky as UT2k4, but not quite as tight as UT99 but hey, I'm not going to bitch until we get some low gravity going. I thought the reg gravity UT3 was better than the Reg Gravity UT99, so I'm thinking Low Grav UT3 will be awesome!

SouthSide 10-18-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiz (Post 4174)
I'm looking to sell my parts for a cheap price
package deal if your interested that is :D

cpu /fansink AMD3500 2.2ghz / Fatal1ty 180mm fan /w heatsink made by Zalman
ram 1 gig OCZ pc3200
video card 7900GSOC AGP
motherboard MSI K8T Neo 2 (Via Chipset)

thanks whiz, but i just dont game enough to invest any kinda money into a computer. I'll just run this one till it craps out on me. :D

whiz 10-18-2007 03:00 PM

ha np dude, I need to get some rich friends or something ive been trying to sell my parts for some time now haha

D_A_M_A_G_E 10-18-2007 05:31 PM

Ebay the stuff whiz... heres a good article to give you an idea of ut 3 and hardware http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3127

Tidy 10-19-2007 08:40 PM

Now I remember I hated stock UT but this could have potential. It ran pretty good on my box. What is the damn War of the worlds thing on the dark map( not Shang) That bastard almost one ups the redeemer!

D_A_M_A_G_E 10-20-2007 06:02 PM

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646503

release date 11/19/07