FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   General psychobabble (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Stidents sent home for wearing American flags in Cinco de mayo? (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816)

Tempus 05-06-2010 12:23 PM

Stidents sent home for wearing American flags in Cinco de mayo?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06...gs-cinco-mayo/

I hope these families sue the hell out of the school district over this just like any Mexican family would if we singled them out in this way. :mad:

hoser 05-06-2010 05:27 PM

So I was wearing my red white and blue shirt yesterday, and playing UNO with some Mexicans.. Everything went well until I noticed they were trying to steal the green cards.
BTW it's Monica Lewinski's 44th birthday this week. Seems like it was just a handful of years ago she was crawling around the white house floor sticking all kinds of stuff in her mouth.

Ah well.. I agree B, It's a real load of shit the wearing your Countries colors on and day might be a problem.

What's particularly bothersome is that it's not even a real holiday.

Ah well.

F 'em all.

andyofne 05-06-2010 06:35 PM

I am really annoyed by this 'controversy'.

I got into an internet argument with some chick who said that those kids were assholes and bigots. Actually, she called them racists.

Forgive me for having the belief that an American citizen should never feel that he or she cannot display the American flag in the United States out of fear of hurting the feelings of people from another country.

I read a post by someone who asked something roughly like "What if you were an American living in Mexico and on the 4th of July you saw some Mexicans wearing t-shirts with the Mexican flag on them. Would you be upset and demand that they stop doing that because you're an American and it's your day of celebration?"

Perhaps I live in a different world than some folks. I spent 15 years in the Navy and I always felt that I was very patriotic. I was proud of my military service and I never did anything or saw anything that made me think twice about my commitment to service.

Over the years I bought plenty of t-shirts for myself and my children that had American flags on them. I still have several and I wear them all the time. Maybe I'm just an idiot. I dunno.

Had these kids gone on a field trip to Mexico on Cinco de Mayo and held a noisy protest against Mexico and Mexicans (they'd have probably been killed, but whatever) and wore the same American flag clothing, I guess I'd see where the outrage is coming from.

*XxDADxX* 05-06-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoser (Post 6679)
So I was wearing my red white and blue shirt yesterday, and playing UNO with some Mexicans.. Everything went well until I noticed they were trying to steal the green cards.
BTW it's Monica Lewinski's 44th birthday this week. Seems like it was just a handful of years ago she was crawling around the white house floor sticking all kinds of stuff in her mouth.

Ah well.. I agree B, It's a real load of shit the wearing your Countries colors on and day might be a problem.

What's particularly bothersome is that it's not even a real holiday.

Ah well.

F 'em all.

Tom you bring up some old memories man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwHxRJCrzNY

DwarfShagger 05-07-2010 02:41 AM

ROFLMAO!!!

hoser 05-08-2010 09:04 PM

Nice:)

{2399}Straycat 05-09-2010 01:59 AM

Fuck them, there in our country now, geeeee, living here, some off of our dime(s). yeah, Fuck Them!

hoser 05-09-2010 05:40 AM

Well don't be a hater man, just recognize.

andyofne 05-09-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {2399}Straycat (Post 6688)
Fuck them, there in our country now, geeeee, living here, some off of our dime(s). yeah, Fuck Them!

I don't feel quit that strongly about it but check this out... someone sent me this yesterday and I'm in love with it.

Quote:

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Tempus 05-10-2010 12:32 PM

I have to agree with Roosevelt on this one. BTW, didn't this thread used to say "Students" and not "stidents"? Or am I just another victim of our public schools?