FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming Topics (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   BF3 rollcall (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875)

Tidy 08-27-2011 07:00 PM

BF3 rollcall

Anyone going to dust off their gaming skills when BF3 hits in oct?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Battlefield?v=m8S_eEv_A5k&feature=pyv&ad=150343749 40&kw=BF3

Skillz 08-28-2011 03:02 PM

I am.

Hopefully my rig can handle it, if not I'll be upgrading the video card and/or getting a second to SLi them.

Tidy 08-30-2011 01:30 PM

I have all but givin up on gaming but BF just at least keeps me interested. I figure too, it'll be winter and I will have some spare time in the off season. The visual looks killer, i hope the gameplay isn't dunbed down because of consoles. If bf had a great sdk and a redirect like ut99, modding would make it epic, but i saw they aren't looking to supporter modders for this one.

IDK why either, look what the DC mod did for 42. Stoked none the less!

Skillz 09-02-2011 06:20 PM

Yeah I don't download many mods for games, unless the server sends them to me when I connect.

blindfish 09-26-2011 06:29 PM

Oh ya baby...we already have locked down a server.

c ya out there.

just finished putting together a new pc for it:

i7 3.4
Sabretooth Mobo
ASUS 560 1gb vid card
16 GB's
500 gb hhd sata 6gbs

Skillz 09-26-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindfish (Post 7073)
Oh ya baby...we already have locked down a server.

c ya out there.

just finished putting together a new pc for it:

i7 3.4
Sabretooth Mobo
ASUS 560 1gb vid card
16 GB's
500 gb hhd sata 6gbs

Over kill much? :p

Got an IP on the server yet?

andyofne 10-01-2011 01:07 PM

I'm trying out the demo. Don't care for it much.

It was difficult to get installed with a LOT of errors that I had to work around.

My son pre-ordered the game for me a LONG time ago but I'm not sure I want it.

Every damned BF game that comes out has cheats designed for it before the game even comes out of beta. Depressing.

Skillz 10-03-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyofne (Post 7075)
I'm trying out the demo. Don't care for it much.

It was difficult to get installed with a LOT of errors that I had to work around.

My son pre-ordered the game for me a LONG time ago but I'm not sure I want it.

Every damned BF game that comes out has cheats designed for it before the game even comes out of beta. Depressing.

Pretty sure that's because the cheats are based upon the engine running the game and not the actual game. Since most games share popular engines, porting them to the "new" game usually isn't difficult.

Still sad though. :(

I still haven't loaded up the beta, EA's decision to pull it from Steam so they can focus on their own digital distribution software isn't fitting well with me.

andyofne 10-09-2011 11:36 AM

The good news is, they already have an aimbot, at least one. It's well confirmed.

EA/Dice really needs to take a stand against cheating and by that I don't mean forcing me to install punkbuster.

I'm seriously considering not buying this game. It's expensive and I'm not interested in dealing with cheaters.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they tried to be a little less obvious but when they stand in their spawn shooting people across the map as soon as they spawn, well, it's a little stupid.

Skillz 10-09-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyofne (Post 7077)
The good news is, they already have an aimbot, at least one. It's well confirmed.

EA/Dice really needs to take a stand against cheating and by that I don't mean forcing me to install punkbuster.

I'm seriously considering not buying this game. It's expensive and I'm not interested in dealing with cheaters.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they tried to be a little less obvious but when they stand in their spawn shooting people across the map as soon as they spawn, well, it's a little stupid.

I agree, but sadly DICE lets PB deal with the cheats and well, PB just doesn't seem to keep updated fast enough.

I'm not considering buying the game simply because I hate that EA is forcing it's digital distribution software on us. I mean, I know Valve did it back in the day with their software and Steam, but all my games are on Steam and I do not wish to have multiple DD clients running that I have to use to play my games.

With that being said, hopefully EA pulls their head out their ass and puts BF3 back on Steam.