FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pics around your house, work, town. (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Bought a new Hot Rod (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821)

ALLT4 05-25-2010 11:01 PM

Bought a new Hot Rod

The obligatory brag pics. Well depending if you're a Government Motors or Ford guy.

If GM doesn't shape up and get off this government dole I might trade this for a new 2011 Mustang GT. At least Ford is still above water on their own.

I had planned to buy this car before the takeover, now I'm kind of second guessing my values a bit. I don't know, something about having a car from a Company owned by the idiot in chief just doesn't sit well with me even though it is a pretty nice car.

It's a 2SS minus the RS package, didn't need 21" polished wheels or dumb halos around the headlights. I do need to grow out the mullet, get some high top sneakers and red doo rag for my lower pant leg yet.

Tidy 05-26-2010 02:56 PM

I like the new camaros & you don't see many that color. I hope she serves ya well. You won't have any issues finding mods for it, those LS motors are incredible.

andyofne 05-26-2010 06:51 PM

You know, I don't really enjoy getting into political arguments but it certainly isn't Obama's fault that GM shit the bed.

hoser 05-26-2010 09:28 PM

Green with envy, love it :)
Good luck with it !

{2399}Straycat 05-26-2010 10:04 PM

Drive it like ya stole it! :D

Nice ride man.

Tempus 05-26-2010 11:04 PM

Ohhh I hate being poor and jealous! Nice ride man!

ALLT4 05-27-2010 07:33 AM

It's just hard being a GM Chevy man these days when you're a hard core Conservative. I hope GM pulls through and can get above water without help.

I don't think we'll ever know what would have happened to GM if not for the bailout, sometimes I think it would have been better to let them go belly up reorganize and kick the unions to the curb along with the old crusty management. Andy what is the messiah's fault is helping out his union buddies for political payback.

I really don't what the answer is but the house of cards the unions built will probably forever hurt GM.

*XxDADxX* 05-28-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALLT4 (Post 6730)
It's just hard being a GM Chevy man these days when you're a hard core Conservative. I hope GM pulls through and can get above water without help.

I don't think we'll ever know what would have happened to GM if not for the bailout, sometimes I think it would have been better to let them go belly up reorganize and kick the unions to the curb along with the old crusty management. Andy what is the messiah's fault is helping out his union buddies for political payback.

I really don't what the answer is but the house of cards the unions built will probably forever hurt GM.

That is a beautiful car! It saddens me to see a company like GM go down the toilet because of the union sucking the life out of the company profits and doing it with politicians help. All they are doing is ruining the private sector and backing the public sector which does not contribute anything to the GNP which is the bread and butter of this great country. That car is proof that we as Americans have the ingenuity to do better than any other country on earth!

Tempus 05-28-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *XxDADxX* (Post 6732)
That is a beautiful car! It saddens me to see a company like GM go down the toilet because of the union sucking the life out of the company profits and doing it with politicians help. All they are doing is ruining the private sector and backing the public sector which does not contribute anything to the GNP which is the bread and butter of this great country. That car is proof that we as Americans have the ingenuity to do better than any other country on earth!

Building cars that don't have dashboard components and switches fall off "cough.. Olds & Pontiac..cough" and stay running efficiently wouldn't hurt either. I used to sell Ford and Oldsmobile and dealing with the cars and the people every day I saw first hand the down-slide in quality from GM and Ford. The big three expected everyone to buy their cars just because they were "their cars". Once people catch on that the product is crap they move on pretty quickly. Trust me on this, at Ford and GM Quality hasn't been job 1 in a very long time. And don't get me wrong, I still have three GM cars from 1995 in my driveway but nothing newer from them.

I think the only exception to all of this would be the Saturn car line until around '02 when GM seems to have taken a more controlling interest in them.

P.s. I would still giggle like a school girl if I got my hands on a new Camaro, Charger R/T, Challenger... :D

Tidy 05-28-2010 12:05 PM

You need one of these B..