FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming Topics (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Attention All Former Clan members (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721)

{2399}Straycat 01-27-2009 11:11 AM

Attention All Former Clan members

Im back to mapping again since ut's kinda slow these days, I was wondering if any of you had some old clan logos in BMP format 256 or 512 squared. Reason being is because Id like to make a map and dedicate it to GMC and all the clans that were involved. I have some of the logos from older maps but I dont have them all.

This is my latest creation.

As you can see, I do have some logos.

Im not into making room maps, it seems the arena maps were the biggest hits ( and ALOT easier to make ) so most on the 6 maps Ive made are simular.

I would like the RAT, SDK, IFC and even ( please kill me ) the VSK logos. Did CoC have a logo? hell, I was in it and dont know if one was ever used. Anywho, and logos that wern't listed are most welcome. Tom, Andy, can you guys help me out? I know you have some saved somewhere, hmmmmmmmm? lol

if anyone's intrested, I'll post screenys of the map in progress. The one above looks like a Plain Jane but it has a few twists. :D

blindfish 01-27-2009 11:22 AM

I'm sure Hoser (Tom) or Resist (Jeff) have a CBGB logo kickin around...:D

BF <"><

Tempus 01-27-2009 01:26 PM

I'm looking, but I'm having trouble finding the ones we actually used. :o

{2399}Straycat 01-27-2009 02:27 PM

No rush guys, the map will take awhile and logos can be added anytime. It's just the more I can get the better it'll be.......

I could strip them out of the maps I have but screw that, it'll take WAY to long........

[DT]AZ~Dreamer 01-27-2009 04:08 PM

If you don't have any DT logos on their already then I can send you some. Would love to have our logo in their. :cool:

BTW, I would be interested in seeing some screenies on how its going. Maybe I'll learn something. My next step is to learn to make some UT and UT2k4 maps for DT since that is one area we have always lacked in so the more info the better as far as I'm concerned. ;)

{2399}Straycat 01-27-2009 04:50 PM

straycat_07@yahoo.com

If they aint already, BMP format 256 pixles square. 512 works too.

Mapping's not hard, just takes alot of time & patients. The editor isn't all that stable and likes to crash alot. You learn to save your progress alot. I have a basic how-to-map if your interested. It tells you enough to get you going, Unreal Wiki can help with most questions.

Nysa 01-28-2009 10:03 AM

I'd be interested in that, please. I started to get into mapping in my {NYB} days but couldn't get a grasp of it back then - I was too busy with college and all that stuff.

Your map looks like it'd be pretty fun.

Good Games last night, btw. ;)

{2399}Straycat 01-28-2009 11:11 AM

I hit the jackpot last night. I installed and opened an old WOC arena map ( looks like it was originally Thunderdome before it was retextured ) and got alot of logos from the ole days. Im missing Dt's logo and {NYB}, maybe Nysa could help me out with that logo. Email me the logo(s) you can get your hands on, Dreamer. Now format and size doesn't matter ( no cracks there plz ) I got ahold of real nice proggy that'll resize and convert. Shit, I need the ( slap me ) VSK logo if someone comes across one.

Nysa, that map that is shown here is installed on the [SOB] server we were playin on last night. A few of my older maps are there as well. GGs last night, was fun even though my ping took a dump.

Fishy, lemme know what you come across, I do have 1 CBGB logo but I thought they had a few to chose from, I could be wrong though.

Thanks all for you help on this.

andyofne 01-29-2009 12:10 AM

There are some photos / logos in the media gallery on the old UTGMC.com site.

{2399}Straycat 01-29-2009 12:29 AM

Thats the same site you gave us access to right, Andy? If so, I'll have to look a little deeper.

Also, does anyone remember how to decompress a UZ file? Candy? Anyone?

I knew the dos commands years ago but Ive forgotten how.......

gettin old sux:(

andyofne 01-29-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {2399}Straycat (Post 5813)
Thats the same site you gave us access to right, Andy? If so, I'll have to look a little deeper.

Also, does anyone remember how to decompress a UZ file? Candy? Anyone?

I knew the dos commands years ago but Ive forgotten how.......

gettin old sux:(

Yeah, it's ucc decompress filename.ext

You may have to be in the C:/Unrealtournament/system directory (where ever the ucc.exe file exists OR using the pathname before the command, as in: C:\unrealtournament\System\ucc.exe compress C:\pathtofile\filename.ext

I wrote a Visual Basic GUI tool that had a compress / decompress ability for both classic UT 99 files and for UT2003/2004 files.

It was a little buggy but a damn site easier than commandlining it every time.

{2399}Straycat 01-29-2009 10:05 AM

I have your program, Andy. But it wants to rewrite a systems32 file and that sorta scares me.......

Thanks for the reminder on the dos command.:)

Any luck on that logo, Nysa?

hoser 01-29-2009 07:28 PM

Some logos here.
http://cbgbclan.com/links.htm

CBGB Clan archives
http://www.cbgbforum.com/archive/archive.html

{2399}Straycat 01-29-2009 11:47 PM

Tom, ur the cats meow. Thanks alot Rodent Man!

Dawg 01-30-2009 08:16 PM

Cool, I had looked for the Rat page a couple days ago and asked my brother to hook up with Wilbur for the logo. Glad you had it.

Nysa 01-30-2009 09:37 PM

Yes actually... Am waiting to hear back from a friend currently.

{2399}Straycat 01-31-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 5820)
Cool, I had looked for the Rat page a couple days ago and asked my brother to hook up with Wilbur for the logo. Glad you had it.

Thanks brother Dawg.

{2399}Straycat 02-01-2009 02:18 PM

Progress so far...

I kinda went overboard on the size, I have 8 hours into the lighting and a few more hours to go.

{2399}Straycat 02-01-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nysa (Post 5821)
Yes actually... Am waiting to hear back from a friend currently.

I got the logo, ty. :)

Dawg 02-02-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {2399}Straycat (Post 5825)
Progress so far...

I kinda went overboard on the size, I have 8 hours into the lighting and a few more hours to go.

I tried to make some changes but the buttons on your picture aren't working. :o

{2399}Straycat 02-02-2009 11:33 PM

I hate the lighting on it but it'll take quite awhile to get it right so, Im going to leave it as it is for now. Some logo's are added but this map is huge.... Going to be hard to fill. I'll post more progress in a few days. I see this probably being done in a few weeks at the least. lol dawg :D

May I have permission to use the GMC website URL? I know it's a dead site but it was a big part of giant maps back in the day. I'll design that logo myself if approved. Andy? Tom?

Maybe make something you want me to use? 512x512 BMP plz........

andyofne 02-04-2009 09:19 AM

Do whatever you like, I really have no ideas.

There's a whole bunch of old UTGMC logo concept images in the gallery.

{2399}Straycat 02-10-2009 10:19 AM

What gallery? :confused:

Here's what I have so far on the map, I havn't been workin on it much since my gamer cpu took a shit.

I have a new cpu on order, should have it by the weekend then I figure a week or so to finish the map.

[DT]AZ~Dreamer 02-10-2009 01:06 PM

looks good so far

Cowboy 02-10-2009 05:07 PM

yeah

Looks nice. Good for some long range Esr fights. :)

{2399}Straycat 02-10-2009 11:53 PM

I dont think a map this size, GMC style, has even been made. Just as it sits it's a 26meg map, including the music.... Runs smooth so Im not going to add alot more crap. Should be ready weekend after next.

{2399}Straycat 02-14-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyofne (Post 5839)
Do whatever you like, I really have no ideas.

There's a whole bunch of old UTGMC logo concept images in the gallery.

Where is this gallery you speak of?

Also, what tags and screen name did you and Tom play under. I know Hosers was his but what was yours, Andy?

{2399}Straycat 02-20-2009 08:13 PM

Map's complete. For anyone who wants to install it and check it out, here it is.

http://astraycat.com/DM-Clans Of The GMC.rar

Let me know what you rhink.

Tempus 02-20-2009 09:13 PM

I tried it but my display driver crashes and keeps cycling a black screen. I'm not positive if it's the map or the game yet though.

{2399}Straycat 02-20-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempus (Post 5868)
I tried it but my display driver crashes and keeps cycling a black screen. I'm not positive if it's the map or the game yet though.

Map is tested and works. It's very big map so if your Vcards kinda old ( or its drivers ) thats probably why. I'll let you know whe its up on the [SOB] server and Burrs ZP server. Something may have corrupted while it was DLed but I wont know till it's up on a server.

{2399}Straycat 02-22-2009 01:22 AM

A look at the complete project

I learned alot while making this map ( other then I'll NEVER make one this size again )

Fire
portals ( like in faaForever )
Score Boards ( irratating to figure out but I managed )
Angles

Tempus 02-22-2009 02:59 PM

Very cool. I've never had the ability to figure out those map editors.

{2399}Straycat 02-23-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempus (Post 5876)
Very cool. I've never had the ability to figure out those map editors.

Neither did I but one day I sat down with that tute and just went at it. After awhile I began to understand things. My maps, by far, are not complex by any means, but when you see what you've made up on a server it makes it all worthwhile.

PaulMuad'Dib 03-11-2009 10:48 AM

UT still lives!!!

Damn I can't believe you guys are still around!!!! I got the itch to play again the other day so I've been working on getting a server online and come to find out there's still a bunch of people still playing and around the scene.

And now some nice new maps too!!! Glad someone picked up the torch once my life got sidetracked.

{2399}Straycat 03-11-2009 11:32 AM

We all stray from play but the good ones always come home.

I have other maps hot off the presses if your interested.

PaulMuad'Dib 03-11-2009 12:39 PM

Always interested. Hopefully we'll have the server up by this weekend. I have most everything on the redirect just waiting on some drive cages to show up to load the server up.

andyofne 03-11-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMuad'Dib (Post 5914)
Always interested. Hopefully we'll have the server up by this weekend. I have most everything on the redirect just waiting on some drive cages to show up to load the server up.

Crazy man. Crazy.

You should pimp out the UTGMC facebook group ;)

PaulMuad'Dib 03-11-2009 01:35 PM

I'm working on it!!! I think it's time for a GMC comeback!!!

{2399}Straycat 03-11-2009 02:55 PM

What's the servers name going to be?

And no offence but, who the hell are you? :D

PaulMuad'Dib 03-11-2009 03:26 PM

Haven't decided on a name yet... I'm sure it'll have LASA and/or GMC in it somewhere.

Are you serious about "who am I"?