FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   Game related issues (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   UT3 on the clearance shelf at Wal-mart (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646)

andyofne 05-31-2008 10:56 PM

UT3 on the clearance shelf at Wal-mart

I picked it up today for $20.

Dawg 05-31-2008 11:24 PM

The local EB wasn't carrying it as of Thursday.

Tempus 06-01-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyofne (Post 5106)
I picked it up today for $20.

So one day I may get to shoot you again? WOOT! :D

andyofne 06-01-2008 10:21 AM

Not many low ping servers out there, from what I'm seeing.

[DT]AZ~Dreamer 06-04-2008 06:24 PM

:( :confused: :rolleyes: I can't believe that UT3 is already dying out, or never got started, before I even had the chance to try the damn thing out.

At least I can afford it now. :D

Lotharr 06-13-2008 05:06 PM

Wow - sux for Epic...

This is a franchise-killing bit of news. :eek:

Skillz 08-12-2008 05:38 PM

It's Epic's fault really.

They are pushing the consoles harder than PCs. Hell, I bought the game when it first came out and I only knew this because I just so happened to look up the release date that day to see when it was supposed to come out. When I started telling people I know that I got the game, not one person even knew it came out yet. Not a single one, and I mostly talk online with online gamers for BF2 and UT.

I didn't see any kind of promotions or commericals for the game until the PS3 version came out a few months later, even then I only seen a few. When the 360 version came out, I started seeing a lot more commericals for it, but they still failed to mention the PC version in all cases so far.

Really pathetic if you ask me. How the PC put Unreal Tournament where it is today; Then Epic wants to turn there backs on us PC gamers for more money?

Fuck you Epic, Fuck you.

I played for like the first week in a bunch of almost empty servers. The demo had and probably still does have more players playing it than the retail version does. Granted I don't think UT3 is better than UT, but I do like it a hell of a lot more than I did UT2k3 and UT2k4. I think UT3 falls somewhere between those two, but a bit closer to UT.

andyofne 08-13-2008 06:53 PM

I played it a few times before I gave it up. I don't even know where the dvd went. I hope it rots in hell.

*XxDADxX* 08-14-2008 09:11 PM

Can one of you create a bathroom map with it? That would be fun to try out.

Skillz 08-20-2008 03:09 AM

When I first got it, I as all gun hoe about creating some custom maps and mods for the game, spent hours watching the videos. Even more hours playing around in the editor. Was in the process of making about ~10 maps when my hdd crashed on me. I haven't tried sense.

PS
I always seem to start a map, then get another idea and start to make another map with that idea, and that just keeps going and going, so I end up with a bunch of open "project maps" that I usually never finish. I really need to just focus on one map at a time. :(