FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming Topics (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   UT3 Beta Demo available today at 3PM EST (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505)

andyofne 10-12-2007 12:44 PM

UT3 Beta Demo available today at 3PM EST

Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Available Today on Fileplanet at 3 PM ET

Midway and Epic Games announce that the beta demo for Unreal Tournament 3, the highly anticipated first-person-shooter, will be available for download today via http://www.fileplanet.com at 3 PM ET. The beta demo consists of three different action-packed Deathmatch and Vehicle Capture the Flag maps: HeatRay, ShangriLa and Suspense. All maps in the demo can be played locally against bots, or online against human opponents. Unreal Tournament 3 is currently slated to ship in November for PC. Get ready to get your frag on!

HeatRay (Deathmatch):
This battle takes place in a night-time urban setting. Players battle over who gets to use a Dark Walker super weapon after it is spawned by a passing drop-ship. If you manage to get it, be sure to rack up the kills quickly since everyone will be gunning for you. The Dark Walker is like a giant piñata -- when it dies it drops a U-Damage and a Berzerk power-up. If you want to stay hidden from the Dark Walker keep an eye out for the Invisibility power-up.

ShangriLa (Deathmatch):
A stark contrast to HeatRay's moody setting, ShangriLa is a sunny, tranquil map set high in the Izanagi Mountains. This map is designed in the traditional style of big Team Deathmatch maps, so it should please the most hardcore UT Deathmatch players. Fight over the U-damage in the central courtyard, or try to control the Shield-belt alley. You can find jumpboots in a vulnerable spot at the end of a dock, but the risk is worth the reward as they will go a long way toward helping you control the map.

Suspense (Vehicle Capture the Flag):
Set on a massive suspension bridge deep in Axon territory, this map is a playground of gameplay possibilities. It's a favorite in Epic office playtests because you can find almost all the Axon vehicles, as well as the Redeemer super-weapon. Whether you are sniping from the bridge towers, camping with the tank, towing hover-boarding flag-runners from your Raptor, controlling the redeemer from underneath the bridge, bombarding from afar with Hellfire SPMA artillery, or doing fast attacks with Manta's and Scorpions, everyone will find something they love doing in Suspense.

Unreal Tournament 3 marks the return of the world's premiere first-person shooter to the PC, and its debut on the PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system. Unreal Tournament 3 unleashes the full power of Unreal Engine 3, taking graphics, gameplay, and challenge to a whole new level. Players engage in intense battles with other human players online, or against Unreal artificial intelligence that sets the industry standard. With the most powerful futuristic weapons and vehicles available, this is FPS action at its best!

andyofne 10-12-2007 03:59 PM

For those that don't have a file planet account, I'll try to upload the file to a web server tonight and offer limited opportunities to download (due to bandwidth issues). It's less than 800MB total, but I don't want to saturate my site.

Thanks.

Lotharr 10-12-2007 04:35 PM

oops... nevermind...

Tempus 10-12-2007 11:07 PM

It's shiny, new and shiny... shiny. :cool:

From what I've seen so far thew night map is a bit low on contrast for my aged eyes to track players well, but so far everything else looks good.

andyofne 10-13-2007 12:21 AM

Glad I didn't get too excited.

Game play in the 'beta demo' sucks.

My computer froze up twice. The first time I sat there listening to a throbbing sound and had no ability to move or switch weapons or anything. Eventually, after 15-30 seconds, it started moving again but by that time I must have been killed because I seemed to be respawned.

The second time I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the game to get back to the desktop.

My system is a 3.2Ghz P4 with 3GB of RAM running a Geforce 6800GT 256MB DDR3 video card.

Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow.

freddy 10-13-2007 10:00 AM

Andrew Perhaps you should upgrade your vid drivers, our specs are just about the same...Athlon64 3000, 6800gs 256m, 1.25gig ram

vid driver 163.75

Runs smooth here resolution 1680x1050w, all details maxed....what i don't like is the way the mouse movement feels..not "sharp enough"

Tempus 10-13-2007 10:32 AM

Fred, change your mouse sensitivity and make sure that mouse smoothing option is turned off.

freddy 10-13-2007 11:11 AM

Thanks B...will do!

DoctoR_DeatH 10-13-2007 11:33 AM

I really like it so far. It makes me feel like my computer is a hunk of crap but UT has always done that.

I ran a non dedicated 12 player server all of last night and it ran pretty smooth. I will have it running later also.

DoctoR DeatHs DeatH KamP III

Stop by.

*XxDADxX* 10-13-2007 04:17 PM

Is there any other place besides File Planet to get the demo?