FPSNetwork

FPSNetwork (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   Windows, Mac, Linux.. etc. (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Dumped PC-BSD, installed Fedora Core 7 (http://fpsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425)

andyofne 07-06-2007 12:55 PM

Linux UT2004 is a strange animal, Tom. You need to install it a Linux installer.

It creates a directory in your home directory called /.loki and sticks a shit load of files in there.

That's what makes it goofy when running a server, you have to use a special option so it will read the server.ini and user.ini files from the 'installed' location instead of the user's home directory.

I screwed my server install up last night while we were talking... I know I had it running around Xmas time but I screwed up a bunch of files and now I'm going to reinstall it this weekend.

*Xx~Vlad~xX* 07-06-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoser (Post 3373)
I've been on again off again since RH 5 (way before Fedora was ever thought of) if you can imagine, and before that tried a few Slackware runs.

My short attention span to linux has never allowed me to really get a firm hold on the OS, but I have enough know-how to as they say, be dangerous.

Vlad, what I didn't type but meant was that I was thinking I could replace the executables with the .sh binaries. I think I'll just reinstall, install the Editor's Choice crap, then the patch. Then I'll just copy over all the maps, etc.. and my user ini.

We'll see how it goes.

Oh I see what you meant...

After reading Andy's post, I would run the nix installer. I know the Win version of UT installs everything easily into one directory. The nix probably has several files installed into other dirs that aren't easily found.

I think I'm going to load up FC on an 80G Im not using now that I'm interested in this again....lol

hoser 07-06-2007 01:22 PM

Go for it :)

Skillz 07-06-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoser (Post 3373)
I've been on again off again since RH 5 (way before Fedora was ever thought of) if you can imagine, and before that tried a few Slackware runs.

My short attention span to linux has never allowed me to really get a firm hold on the OS, but I have enough know-how to as they say, be dangerous.

Vlad, what I didn't type but meant was that I was thinking I could replace the executables with the .sh binaries. I think I'll just reinstall, install the Editor's Choice crap, then the patch. Then I'll just copy over all the maps, etc.. and my user ini.

We'll see how it goes.

I didn't start using Fedora Core until they stopped making the free Redhat Linux. Now its just the enterprise version; so I started using Fedora Core.

Like you though, I have yet to ditch Windows completely. I do load Linux on older computers though and play with it all the time.

andyofne 07-06-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz (Post 3381)
Like you though... I... play with it all the time.

Keep that to yourself. thanks.

Skillz 07-06-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyofne (Post 3374)
I screwed my server ... last night while we were talking...

hoser 07-06-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz (Post 3384)

*Xx~Vlad~xX* 07-06-2007 10:47 PM

OK ...I'm pulling down FC7 now :)

D_A_M_A_G_E 07-06-2007 10:51 PM

am I missing something all I see in the mirrors is 6 not 7?

D_A_M_A_G_E 07-06-2007 10:56 PM

or is 6.93 supposed to be 7 damn linux