View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Administrator

hoser has disabled reputation
After installing the game never did fire up, I saw the splash screen and that was it, so I figured it was because the play cd wasn't in. After putting it in, I saw the same result so I figured I'd just patch it. PS it still didn't fire up, even after trying the amd 4 binaries.

Vlad, I found the same person elsewhere, with related info. After reading it again, I see I didn't install the Editors Choice Edition Content before patching. I'm going to reinstall the game then install the Editors Choice, then patch it before running it.

Question, since the game is not platform dependent, can you theoretically just copy over a working ut2004 windows folder and run it from that?
I believe I read that somewhere, and that you just need to make a serial number text file for it to refer to.

---------------
Q: Where can I find the 3369.2 patch?
A: You can download it right here from icculus.org. Make sure to install the patch AFTER you install the Editor's Choice Edition content (see below under "Mods"). Please note that AMD64 binaries are included in the patch. Just rename ucc-bin-linux-amd64 to ucc-bin and ut2004-bin-linux-amd64 to ut2004-bin and you're good to go.
Q: How do I install the patch?
A: It's pretty easy. Just use these commands:
tar xfvj ut2004-lnxpatch3369.tar.bz2
cd UT2004-Patch
cp -R * /where/i/installed/ut2004

From here - http://www.thehaus.net/Tips/UT/ut2004icculusfaq.shtml

Plan comparison chart

Ape shall not kill ape.