View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Tempus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by *XxDADxX* View Post
That is a beautiful car! It saddens me to see a company like GM go down the toilet because of the union sucking the life out of the company profits and doing it with politicians help. All they are doing is ruining the private sector and backing the public sector which does not contribute anything to the GNP which is the bread and butter of this great country. That car is proof that we as Americans have the ingenuity to do better than any other country on earth!

Building cars that don't have dashboard components and switches fall off "cough.. Olds & Pontiac..cough" and stay running efficiently wouldn't hurt either. I used to sell Ford and Oldsmobile and dealing with the cars and the people every day I saw first hand the down-slide in quality from GM and Ford. The big three expected everyone to buy their cars just because they were "their cars". Once people catch on that the product is crap they move on pretty quickly. Trust me on this, at Ford and GM Quality hasn't been job 1 in a very long time. And don't get me wrong, I still have three GM cars from 1995 in my driveway but nothing newer from them.

I think the only exception to all of this would be the Saturn car line until around '02 when GM seems to have taken a more controlling interest in them.

P.s. I would still giggle like a school girl if I got my hands on a new Camaro, Charger R/T, Challenger...