View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Been 'round..

Lotharr is on a distinguished road
I know this is a Johnny-Come-Lately response to this, but I am very sorry to hear about this Andy. It is sad to hear about someone passing on so young.

I'm sure most of you have heard about Randy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon University professor who was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer last year. There was a Diane Sawyer special with him on television this week, in fact. Randy participated in an annual event at CMU called "The Last Lecture," which is traditionally an academic exercise for a faculty member; "If you had only one lecture to give to your students - what would you tell them?" In Randy's case, it was literally going to be his last lecture... and what he had to say really makes one put things into perspective.

I posted it on my site if anyone wants to watch it... it's well worth the hour it takes to view it. (It's on YouTube if you want to see it there).

I actually have a mantra I took from this: "Be a Tigger - not an Eeyore." For me - that's really hard to do, but I just think about Randy and it's a real motivator.

Sorry again Andy - I pray Allen will be at peace.

"Unabsorbed fat can cause intestinal side effects such as fatty stools, oily spotting, flatulence with discharge, an urgent need to defecate, and frequent bowel movements."