View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Been 'round..

Lotharr is on a distinguished road
Halo 3 - game ending vs. commercials (spoiler alert)

Let me preface this by saying that I have never played any one of the Halo games. I think the story line is interesting; I just never picked up the controller myself - instead I watch my kids play.

Before Halo 3 came out, I have to say that I was completely amazed with the Halo web site - the "John 117 Memorial" thing. I thought that it was an awesome build-up to the game's release. I thought the story delivered on the web site about Master Chief allowing himself to be captured only to detonate a bomb to kill his captors as well as himself - thereby giving the humans the chance they needed to win the final battle - was an awesome way for Bungie to end the series.

I was in the room when my kids finished Halo 3 - and the ending was nothing like the marketing suggested it would be. Instead, Bungie left it wide open for Master Chief to return, even though the war was over.

Like I already said, I'm not a Halo fan, but even I was a little disappointed by the way Halo 3 ends.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

"Unabsorbed fat can cause intestinal side effects such as fatty stools, oily spotting, flatulence with discharge, an urgent need to defecate, and frequent bowel movements."