FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Technically speaking > Windows, Mac, Linux.. etc.
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 AM

{2399}Straycat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down WinBlows 7 ( beta )

Ok, I was talking to John ( daddypoo ) the other day and he said he was beta testing WinBlows 7. I thought what the hell and DL'ed both the 32 & 64K versions.

I can say its purrrrrrdy, runs faster then VisCrap but, of course, it has issues. The 64K wouldn't install my ethernet card, no matter what I did, but it would use my onboard ( which NEVER worked before ). Everything else seemed fine, sigh, except when it came to running UT. UT would load then quit responding. John, how did you get by this? I figured because it was the 64K version and I was running ut in 32bit that, that was probably the problem. But, before I installed the 32K version I installed UT raw right off the disk. Holy Sheet it worked, sorta.........

It would only run if I kept it at 16K video but when I kicked it up to 32, same shit, game would just go to a black screen.

FINE, I dumped the 64K and installed the 32K version figuring everything would be ok...... WRONG.

Now my soundcard drivers would crash it ( SoundBlaster X-Fi ) every time I tried installing it ( but was fine in the 64K version ) but I had the same ethernet problems. ( onboard sound worked, of course )

UT did the same thing........ Needless to say, Im back to XP ( never killed the HD it was on ) untill I can resolve the UT problem.

Anyone else tested this yet?