FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Gamers Gamers Gamers > Game developers
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Game developers Are you the creative type? Do you map/skin, code? Post up your work, prepare for the oooo's and ahhh's.. or perhaps some rotten tomatoes :)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Been 'round..

Tidy is on a distinguished road
The new UTGMC?

Well I know Skag /the Gerbil or someone still has it and it's kinda active but I was thinking is is going to ever really return?

I dl'd the demo and was trying it out.. Runs good on this box but I remember how much I hated reg ut99 maps... I loved the GMC for the expansive areas and open mosh pit battling areas.. Seeing Candy pic people off mid air like clay pigeons.. Know with that statement it divides me in that the GMC was a community that was great but the other perspective looking back from today is that is was the most successful unorganized mod there's ever been... it was like the open source linux of mods. Files where dl'd as needed and that was part of why it was great.

Now I only released one map so I am not going to act like I had any influence but this group is the original gang or whats left... With the upcoming release I wonder if we could actually bring the GMC back to life if we formed a development team and released an organized starter kit so to speak?

I am sure we could muster a few peeps to put together a release map pack and maybe change the graphics of the GUI... I mean BF was attacked way different than UT but DC is the only thing I think had the same factors that the GMC had...or at least for me it satisfied the same needs of entertainment so to speak.

thoughts?