FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Gamers Gamers Gamers > General Gaming Topics
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Commander in Briefs

andyofne is on a distinguished road
Far Cry 2 - Sucks

My son picked the game up for me a couple months ago, when it first came out.

I installed and played a little of the single player mission but I wasn't enjoying it.

I tried getting online and played one round -- some dude ended up wiping out the rest of the map in seconds so it seemed to me that he was cheating. I shut down and didn't try playing it again until this weekend.

I'm finding that I do not like this game. If you think Far Cry 2 sounds like it might be an improvement on the original Far Cry nothing could be further from the truth.

It isn't even designed by the same company. I haven't bothered to google it up and find out why Crytek wasn't involved because it doesn't matter. Ubisoft released a $49 piece of shit and used the "Far Cry" name to sell it.

I'm currently running the game on a 2.67 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo with an nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB DDR3 and 3.25GB of DDR2 system RAM.

The game plays "okay" but it doesn't seem to run smoothly. Part of the problem is that there is no traditional game browser that lets you select a server the way the old game (and most every other online FPS game) works. You can connect directly to a server if you know the IP address. If you don't, you have to pick a game type and let a computer somewhere match you up on a random server.

This results in finding servers with less than desirable pings, filled with tards, and with stupid rules, and/or custom maps.

I used the quick join to find a team deathmatch map and when I got there, after 5 minutes of waiting, there is a long list of server rules disallowing the majority of weapons. Yeah, fun.

The next server I joined ended up 7 on 2 and no one would get on our team to balance things.

The third server was okay. I was playing along hunting for a kill when I got kicked for no reason at all.

Then the game crashed.

I tried again only to meet with similar results.

All and all, I have to say, this game sucks ass compared to the original Far Cry.

I do not recommend buying this game.

Skagalak