FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Gamers Gamers Gamers > General Gaming Topics
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 12:59 PM

*XxDADxX* is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suqui View Post
I found that learning the basics was easiest with the ut99 editor. even with its glitches. there used to be a few good tutorial sites for it, not sure anymore, been offline for a couple years. Glad to see some names i recognize. I miss those late nite frag sessions with some of you.

Hey Botha Long time. If your still up to fragging, there is a UT99 severs still running and running good.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I need more posts

Suqui is on a distinguished road
I just tried to play on the server with the best ping. Not good, got a 389 ping on this conn. Not planning on moving, so it may be awhile before my online gaming will be much fun. Nice seeing players moving around instead of bots. lol been a long time. Has anyone here played with the new editor? did they increase its curve alot from ut04? I like playing with it. I have a few maps i did for ut99 and ut04. only my clan really saw them tho. Would kinda like to get back into the mapmaking, even if I cant play online much. I had more difficulty with Maya than with the editor. Static meshes were kinda tricky.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Ok, so I've posted

RED (Mike) is on a distinguished road
if someone does make giant maps, i hope they look like the giant maps in ut99, i.e. a whole lot simpler.

i've played ut3 a few times, and the more i play it, the more i don't like it.

maps have cool layouts and i like the tweaked gametypes, but the graphics are FAR too busy for my tastes.

the comp i play on is fully able to render everything, but the textures and details are WAY too busy, and hence distracting to gameplay imo.

tone down the colors and textures by about half and i'd love to join in.

msn is the same, but im not on it much.....
Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Been 'round..

[DT]AZ~Dreamer is on a distinguished road
I have some old UT99 maps on our UT2k4 server but its not the same because no one plays that style much in 2k4. Next time I get online I'm playing the OG since it seems to be more popular still than any other version.

I think I'll make the second server UT99 instead of UT3 or 2k4 for now and see how that goes.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Been 'round..

Lotharr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED (Mike) View Post
if someone does make giant maps, i hope they look like the giant maps in ut99, i.e. a whole lot simpler.
I thought when 2004 came out there were a bunch of 99 maps that were "ported" over... can the same thing be done in UT3?

"Unabsorbed fat can cause intestinal side effects such as fatty stools, oily spotting, flatulence with discharge, an urgent need to defecate, and frequent bowel movements."
Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
I need more posts

common is on a distinguished road
anyone playing anymore ? i have some spare time now !! not that iknow what im doing wahahaha
Old 06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Been 'round..

2D Knock-Out Champion! 7up Pinball Champion! 9-Ball Champion! Barry Potter Champion! Beat The Bugs! Champion! Beer Addict Champion! BetHiLow Streak Champion! BetHiLow Streak Un-Censored Champion! Bezerk Champion! Blokkokopter Champion! BMW Driving Champion! BMX Ramp Champion! Boa Constrictor Champion! Bomber Bob Champion! Bomberman X Champion! Bombing Run Champion! Bombjack 3: Hard Levels Champion! BombJack Arcade Champion! Bombs Away Champion! Border Patrol Champion! Bowling Champion! Breaking Vegas Champion! Bubbles Champion! Bugpatrol Champion! Burger Time Champion! Bush Shootout test Champion! Buzzgame Champion! Carrot Crunch Champion! Castle Defender Champion! Castlevania Champion! Cavegirl Champion! Chainsaw the childern Champion! Chicken Attack Champion! Chicken in a basket Champion! Chicken Shootout Champion! Chopper Chase Champion! City Jumper Extreme : London Edition Champion! Clash`N Slash Champion! Classic Frogger Champion! Cold Wing Champion! Conquer Antartica Champion! Cosmo Pilot Champion! Cow Fighter Champion! Crack Man Champion! Craps Champion! Crazy Battle Champion! Crazy PinBall Champion! Crazy Shuttle Champion! Cribbage Square Champion! Cross Fire 2 Champion! Cyber Slots Champion! Daves Castle Hunt Champion! Deer Hunt Champion! Defender Of The Earth Champion! Demonic Defense 2 Champion! Desert Battle Champion! Desert Dash Champion! Destroy All Humans Champion! Diamond Chaser Champion! Dingle Ball Champion! Dino Rennen Champion! Dirt Dragon Champion! Disc Golf Champion! Diver Duck Champion! Doc Ock Rampage Champion! Donkey Kong Champion! Doom Champion! Drag Race (tubesocks) Champion! DragonHunters Champion! Drive and Dodge Champion! Drop The Bomb Champion! Easter Egged Champion! Eat Champion! El Emigrante Champion! Endless Flight 2 Champion! Equilibrium Champion! Evel Cownievel Champion! Excite Bike Champion! Explosive Cargo2 Champion! Extreme Racing Champion! Extreme Skate Champion! Farmers Chicken Champion! Fight Man Champion! Fill Up The Boy Champion! Final Test Champion! Finger Footy Champion! Fire Bad Champion! Fisticuffs Boxing Champion! Flash Astroids Champion! Flash Sprint Champion! Flexi Combat Champion! Fling The Cow Champion! Fly Catcher Champion! Flyer Champion! Flying Plane Champion! Footy Food Fight Champion! Gates To Bleed 2 Champion! Hamster Race Champion! Kerry Bush Bash Champion! NFS 1/4 Mile Chase Champion! Six Feet Under Champion! Snowplow Champion! Soccer Tournament Champion! Surf Point Blue Champion! The Dukes of Hazzard Hold `Em Champion!
Cowboy is on a distinguished road
Found a UT 3 Bathroom map.

Here Is the link. http://www.talkaboutdesign.com/artic...m_map_for_ps3/

Have to get someone to make some of these for the pc.
Would be nice to play In maps like these with the old gang.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Been 'round..

Lotharr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Here Is the link. http://www.talkaboutdesign.com/artic...m_map_for_ps3/

Have to get someone to make some of these for the pc.
Would be nice to play In maps like these with the old gang.

I think this is the link for PC: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Bathro.../fileinfo.html

"Unabsorbed fat can cause intestinal side effects such as fatty stools, oily spotting, flatulence with discharge, an urgent need to defecate, and frequent bowel movements."
Old 08-12-2008, 05:48 PM

Skillz is infamous around these partsSkillz is infamous around these parts
One day I will fire up the new editor and follow along with the video tutorials that I have.

Things aren't so much as "harder", as the basic layout is still the same. It's just learning the new features is what would be considered difficult, plus where things are located.