FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Welcome to FPSNetwork and PlanetUT2K7 ! > Introductions
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the site! Please tell us who you are, who you know, and what the heck your doing here :)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Ok, so I've posted

Adrian[ADIES] is on a distinguished road
Introduction - Adrian from www.adies.net UT

Hello everyone

My name is Adrian I run a UT and web server over at www.adies.net
I run server from home. Its a AMD Dual Opteron system I mashed together from a lot of freebee bits and a few bought.

I originally setup the server of course because UT is my favourite online FPS and also to learn how servers work. This has given me a massive chance to learn then put to good use skills like php, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, Unreal Script, Unreal Map, Unreal Server, Windows Server, Linux Server, Photoshop oh and actually playing UT I guess the one and only problem with my server is my internet speed / latency. Most of the time its fine but too much traffic and pings get a bit high, so im always trying to find a cheap hosted UT server that I can run as a primary server.

My favourite Unreal Tournament game type is Strangelove with normal game speed and weapons. Strangelove is most probably the best ever modification for UT it adds a flying vehicle to UT that doubles as a weapon, more to the point this mod’s execution and pure quality make it an amazing game type.
http://www.adies.net/ut_tech_slv.php

My nick name is |>ADE<|_King_Kong. I originally started playing as king_kong just to spam around on my server and the name stuck quickly. In an interesting twist the name "King_Kong" has massive relevance in the Strangelove mod world. In the cult film Dr.Strangelove the main characters called Major T.J. "King" Kong played by Slim Pickens rides a nuclear bomb to its target, which is exactly what you as the player do in a UT Strangelove server.

Apart from UT I really like American classic muscle cars, and hanging out with my pals.

Hopefully my UT pals will sign up here soon, they are a good community and I consider them true friends.

JOSHY
Woodum / FallenAngel
Suzie / General Tyfus
Nin / Nintendo
Skill
Imon

Thanks
Adrian

Download my UT map CTF-Microhec33 CTF-Microhec33.zip :::: Read The Review