FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Gamers Gamers Gamers > General Gaming Topics
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Been 'round..

Tidy is on a distinguished road
Time for a new pc

I haven't gamed in years but my efforts for my site have killed my rig and time to update ....

I ordered a core i7 960 with an Nvidia gtx570 and 6 gigs of ram... Will it run ut99 lol?
Been awhile since I had a new rig, I may have to pick up a game to try out.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Been 'round..

2D Knock-Out Champion! 7up Pinball Champion! 9-Ball Champion! Barry Potter Champion! Beat The Bugs! Champion! Beer Addict Champion! BetHiLow Streak Champion! BetHiLow Streak Un-Censored Champion! Bezerk Champion! Blokkokopter Champion! BMW Driving Champion! BMX Ramp Champion! Boa Constrictor Champion! Bomber Bob Champion! Bomberman X Champion! Bombing Run Champion! Bombjack 3: Hard Levels Champion! BombJack Arcade Champion! Bombs Away Champion! Border Patrol Champion! Bowling Champion! Breaking Vegas Champion! Bubbles Champion! Bugpatrol Champion! Burger Time Champion! Bush Shootout test Champion! Buzzgame Champion! Carrot Crunch Champion! Castle Defender Champion! Castlevania Champion! Cavegirl Champion! Chainsaw the childern Champion! Chicken Attack Champion! Chicken in a basket Champion! Chicken Shootout Champion! Chopper Chase Champion! City Jumper Extreme : London Edition Champion! Clash`N Slash Champion! Classic Frogger Champion! Cold Wing Champion! Conquer Antartica Champion! Cosmo Pilot Champion! Cow Fighter Champion! Crack Man Champion! Craps Champion! Crazy Battle Champion! Crazy PinBall Champion! Crazy Shuttle Champion! Cribbage Square Champion! Cross Fire 2 Champion! Cyber Slots Champion! Daves Castle Hunt Champion! Deer Hunt Champion! Defender Of The Earth Champion! Demonic Defense 2 Champion! Desert Battle Champion! Desert Dash Champion! Destroy All Humans Champion! Diamond Chaser Champion! Dingle Ball Champion! Dino Rennen Champion! Dirt Dragon Champion! Disc Golf Champion! Diver Duck Champion! Doc Ock Rampage Champion! Donkey Kong Champion! Doom Champion! Drag Race (tubesocks) Champion! DragonHunters Champion! Drive and Dodge Champion! Drop The Bomb Champion! Easter Egged Champion! Eat Champion! El Emigrante Champion! Endless Flight 2 Champion! Equilibrium Champion! Evel Cownievel Champion! Excite Bike Champion! Explosive Cargo2 Champion! Extreme Racing Champion! Extreme Skate Champion! Farmers Chicken Champion! Fight Man Champion! Fill Up The Boy Champion! Final Test Champion! Finger Footy Champion! Fire Bad Champion! Fisticuffs Boxing Champion! Flash Astroids Champion! Flash Sprint Champion! Flexi Combat Champion! Fling The Cow Champion! Fly Catcher Champion! Flyer Champion! Flying Plane Champion! Footy Food Fight Champion! Gates To Bleed 2 Champion! Hamster Race Champion! Kerry Bush Bash Champion! NFS 1/4 Mile Chase Champion! Six Feet Under Champion! Snowplow Champion! Soccer Tournament Champion! Surf Point Blue Champion! The Dukes of Hazzard Hold `Em Champion!
Cowboy is on a distinguished road
hry

Nice.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:28 AM

Skillz is infamous around these partsSkillz is infamous around these parts
For a gaming machine, should have saved the money and got an i7 2600K.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Been 'round..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz View Post
For a gaming machine, should have saved the money and got an i7 2600K.
I will use it more for graphix and post processing. The 960 is "supposed" to have better performance for that and this will be my first nvidia card which the Cuda api is geared towards adobe. Would have liked to have gotten a quattro card but they are outrageous and the specs don't seem much more than a gamer card?? In the end it's just basically a guessed recipe of parts but I am sure it will be a vast improvement over this p4...haha
Old 05-22-2011, 02:54 AM

Skillz is infamous around these partsSkillz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidy View Post
I will use it more for graphix and post processing. The 960 is "supposed" to have better performance for that and this will be my first nvidia card which the Cuda api is geared towards adobe. Would have liked to have gotten a quattro card but they are outrageous and the specs don't seem much more than a gamer card?? In the end it's just basically a guessed recipe of parts but I am sure it will be a vast improvement over this p4...haha
The 960 isn't "faster" than the i7 2600k in those applications the 2600K out performs the 960 (or in some cases is very, very close behind). Only the higher end 900 series beat out the 2600K (In some cases, even the 2600K still out does those as well). The X58 is dead, I'd only buy it if I truly made a living editing video/images, in which case I'd only opt for the 990X or 980X, as they truly out perform the Sandy Bridge in those applications and would be able to justify spending two to three times as much than a SB setup. For the gamer and enthusiasts, I think you'll get a better value going SB.

Even though I did just look up the prices on the i7 2600K vs the i7 960 and it seems Intel lowered the price on the i7 960, which might make it worth it. However, the 2600K is an overclocking monster.

Here are some benchmarks between the two.

IIRC, the Quadro cards are basically the same as the gaming cards, just different drivers. I know some people who get the Quadro cards just to flash them with the gaming version because they seem to over clock easier.

CUDA is the only reason why I went with Nvidia this round as well, otherwise I would have just went with the much cheaper, almost same performance ATi/AMD card at the time.

Either way, I guess this conversation is pointless since you seem to have already purchased the 960 setup, so I don't mean to slap you in the face after the fact.

I built an i7 870 last year, still holding strong for what it's worth though. Granted, I wish I would have waited the few months to build a SB setup.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Been 'round..

I finally got it the other day and I am happy with it. This rig is blazing fast. You guys here will prob understand even more so than the new pc, the tech came out to find out why my crappy dsl was only getting 221k dl speeds which I have always had no good opitions. He told me they updated the co close to me for not only dsl but I jumped from that crap speed to today I am getting 3 mb down at my house... The 56k Tidybowlman has waited a decade to get real speeds....Woot!