FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > The Lounge > General psychobabble
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Commander in Briefs

andyofne is on a distinguished road
Kinda Sad; Guilty

Long story short, my mother had a little dog that she brought over to my house back in November before she had her knee surgery. I was supposed to look after the dog for a few weeks while she recovered.

Well, after a month he revealed that she wasn't going to pick up the dog because she was moving into a ground floor apartment but it had a no pets clause. She needed to get out of where she lived due to the stairs. Not to mention the growing violent crime in that area (she was held up at gun point while checking her mail earlier this year).

Anyway, she told me in December to take the dog to the humane society but I really couldn't do it.

Fast forward...

The dog has issues.

1) It was never properly house broken and pisses and shits in the house every single day. The moment you turn your back he's off shitting in someone's bedroom or in the living room. Really disgusting.

2) He growls and snaps at people.

3) He barks at strangers visiting the house non-stop.

4) He is aggressive towards my dog. The aggressive behavior actually began to affect the behavior of my lab. This is probably what pushed me to make the decision to take her dog to the pound.

5) He chews clothing; socks, underwear, towels.

After I got home Tuesday, I grabbed the dog's collar and drove him down to the humane society building. Normally, this dog can't sit still in the car. He jumps around from window to window, annoying the shit out of me.

Tuesday, he sat quietly on the seat with his head down. He knew what was coming, I'm pretty sure of it.

Sadly, when I listed out his faults the "no kill" shelter said that they would likely have to put the dog to sleep. But the promised to evaluate the dog to see if there was anything that could be done for him.

Well, I really feel sad about the whole thing. I fear that he will end up being put down because he's such a little dickhead.

I wish I could have thought of another way to deal with him but I really reached a point where I wanted to kick him across the living room and I knew that the time had come to do something.

My mother is going to be devastated. I think she secretly hoped I would keep the dog here where he could play with my dog and have some semblance of a happy life.

Tell me I didn't make a mistake. Or tell me if I did.

Skagalak