FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > The Lounge > General psychobabble
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Been 'round..

Tidy is on a distinguished road
FPS review board

Okay so way back when SdK & 2399 were dominat forces in the world..lol Andy and the boys had to think I was a huge Bullshiiter because I was ranting about how I was developing a racing program with MTV. It wasn't bs and I spent 18 months only to walk away because I wouldn't sign over rights and they wouldn't sign a contract. Well a decade later some might be able to look back and see that I changed that companies outlook on the automobile culture and they "could" tap into it, tho MTV racing has never became a reality and if it does I'd have to come up with a huge retainer since I would sue them...lol

Anyways, the past few years I have been trying to produce a new project independently with no budget but making use of the time I had on my hands. Soon I hope it becomes a reality, the only thing I really lack right now to go into production is the Pro DV Cams. I have built a studio in my bootlegger theme, I have recruited the top racers from the area that launched todays most prominent racing series in Nascar. But Nascar left the bootleggers behind only to turn the phrase into a marketing pitch. Now I have the world baddest Dragstrip for my stage in Thunder Valley. I recently met with Bristol Motor speedway and we have came to an agreement to feature my Outlaw program on reg local night and use that group to beta test my new concept in intramural league racing called the ALR or Amateur League Racing. If the Outlaw series works we have two more classes that cater more to the casual enthusiast and the league can expand to Las Vegas and Z max in charlotte which are both owned by te same as Bristol.

I am no webmaster but everything in this project is up to me since it hasn't made me any money to pay myself let alone any staff...lol but I want you guys to take a look at my site as it is now and critique it.. I still have content like racers bios to add before march 22nd but hows the overall look? Any suggestions to what an average guy might like other than vids which will come later this year?

I have a forum too but it's not intended to be a huge car forum, those are a dime a dozen. Unlike "car Sites" our forum users tho average over 1000hp per user which was my intent to recruit top guys and then use the site as a media to tell the story to the general public...

http://www.racethis.com

I know it's still a work in progress but I also know you all have opinions I want instead of those from a racers. Like 81 year old Willard Kinzer and his stable of 1400hp cars he drives each week to the blue collar guys trying to keep up with the tycoon. My top ten guys are definitely more interesting than Nascars and I am about to tell their story.