FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Technically speaking > Game related issues
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Been 'round..

[DT]AZ~Dreamer is on a distinguished road
Server help

Hey, all. I was hoping that I could get some advice on how to get my damn redirect working correctly? My support for the gameserver host I have has been little help. I know most of you server admins out there are mostly familiar with UT but this is a UT2k4. Not sure if there is much difference. I was going to get one for UT and another for UT3 right now but I need to learn what I'm doing first with this one.

I am trying to compress the files I want to put on redirect and uploding them to a folder a created on my website server. Not sure what format, uz or uz2, to use and if they have to use the same compressed files on the gameserver so they will match? Right now I am just trying it with maps and havent tried any other files yet.

I have also configured my ut2004.ini file on the gameserver to allow compression and stuff like that. I think my main problem is I am not getting the FQDN right for the redirect URL.

I'll stop now so I don't get too involved and confusing. Any help at all will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!