FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Welcome to FPSNetwork and PlanetUT2K7 ! > Introductions
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the site! Please tell us who you are, who you know, and what the heck your doing here :)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Been 'round..

ALLT4 is on a distinguished road
Hi all.

Wanted to drop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Are we allowed to say to say "Merry Christmas" here? Believe it or not I work at Penn State and it's not generally acceptable anymore. It's "Happy Holidays" Christmas trees are not allowed on campus in public areas. When did society become so uptight you can't even put up a Christmas Tree? Blows my mind and makes me wonder where it will all end.

BTW, I used to be DeathKilla, always hated that name. It makes no sense, how can you kill Death in a Killa kind of way. Duhhh... then again most clan names make no sense.

Geeze I haven't played UT or any kind of FPS game in ages. Actually I don't even recall the last time I've played at all. About the time 2004 came out I said enough is enough. I had spent enough of my life wasting away useful hours giving myself carpel tunnel. Now I'm supposed to spend a ton more money on new hardware to play UT 2004. Screw that I'm going back to my old hobby working on cars. Sometimes it seems less expensive, certainly more fun. Some might remember I'm a big car nut, my last ride was a 1996 LT4 Corvette. Sold it and bought something else to occupy my time.

UT99, I have to be honest though, how is it possible a silly game can bring so many people together? Who remembers sitting up nights going "one more game" RIGHT! That always turned into "hell I've gone without sleep before, I can do it again" showing up on the UTGMC forum the next day to see what everyone is bitching about. Come on you know you all loved the drama that went on there. Who can forget the Greek and Andy going at it, good stuff there. Andy's perfect forum... "YOU'RE ALL BANNED" You gotta wonder where where 2Hotty and the Greek ever got to. It's a miracle I was never banned, well I was banned from a lot of servers but never a forum. I might miss another flame thread if I were banned, who could live with themselves if you missed out on a good flame thread?

Ahhh but like all good or shitty things in life it must come to an end. Sooner or later we all had to realize life would get in the way. You can only ignore the wife so long with a game until you're on the brink of divorce court. I know for some of you that may have been the point. LOL

So here's the latest project. 1977 Nova Concourse, wayyy back in 1984 a 1977 Nova was my first car. I had always wanted to get another one and do it right. I found this one on Ebay motors, bought it sight unseen mainly because it had everything I wanted and was unmolested. If anyone molests anything I want it to be me. For you car guys what I've done so far is rebuild the front suspension with poly bushings. Installed 3.42 gears along with an 8.5" factory Eaton style posi carrier. Installed a B&M Transpak shift kit along with a TCI Breakaway 2500 Torque converter. Next comes the Gm Performance parts ZZ383 Stroker motor. I'm worried about how to get 425 Horsepower and 460ft lbs. of torque to the ground without cutting up a cherry car too much in the rear end. We'll see how that goes.

Here's a pic of the car after getting the rake I wanted by cutting 1/2 coil from each spring. Welded in little metal spacers in the rear shackles for now, once I'm happy with final ride height I'll have custom leaf springs bent up. Gotta love them whitewalls, the white cabriolet top is going also, changing it to black. Some other minor body changes will happen also down the line.