FPSNetwork  

Go Back   FPSNetwork > Welcome to FPSNetwork and PlanetUT2K7 ! > Introductions
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the site! Please tell us who you are, who you know, and what the heck your doing here :)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2011, 03:23 AM

Skillz is infamous around these partsSkillz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyofne View Post
I think gametracker.com does something like that.

According to their stats today, there are about 203 UT3 servers, 476 UT2004 servers, and 948 classic UT servers. I'm not sure about player averages but they have some numbers that seem to suggest there are 2400 or so UT players compared to 1200 UT3 players.
I wouldn't consider gametracker.com very reliable to get numbers for comparison. Server admins have to add their server to the service (or at least someone has to add it, it's not automatic)

So all that could mean is more UT admins add their server to the site than UT2k4 or UT3 server admins.

I lost both my UT2k4 and UT3 media (actually, I think the UT3 media was stolen back when my laptop got stolen and UT2k4 went missing from Katrina) but if I ever plan to get them again, it'll be during another Steam sale where I can get all of them for extremely cheap. Didn't pay attention to how much they were going for this past Steam sale, I'll try and remember to check the next sale, I doubt it's very much seeing as how right now it's $40 for Unreal, Unreal II, UT, UT2k4 and UT3 and Steam is well known for having up to 75% off on bundles.